Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

This is my 5 month old Polish rooster Squiggy, his main girlfriend (a Welsumner pullet) seems to be the main perpetrator... have been plucking his silly head nearly bald. He unfortunately just snuggles down next to her and tips his head toward her and seems to enjoy it!! I'm so frustrated! I have a huge yard they free range in all day, they are only locked up in a large coop at night, I have put antibiotic cream, bag balm and a purple stuff I got at the feed store called Rooster booster and nothing is working... I separated him from the flock for about a week and a half at one point but felt so sorry for him by then I gave in and let him go back to his ladies ( all under 5 months old.. got them as chicks together. This seems to have started when they got their adults feathers and he was the only crested one. It has been a battle to get his Fro to grow ever since!!

Everyone's birdies above are soooo pretty!!! I want more Polish but this plucking picking thing has me worried!

My polish now live with silkies. My two adult polish were picked with no mercy by the standard girls. I finally had to separate the Polish from the main flock. They started with pulling crest feathers, but it escalated quickly. They love their silkie friends so they are much happier now.

This is Marian, my 13 week old Polish. Several days ago, she started sounding... Different. She squeaks instead of her normal peeps. She eats and drinks. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom