Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
What do you think I might get if I bred a red crested red to a white crested black? Someone said either black or red, one or the other. You don't think it would end up mottling, do you? What are the crest color options? Is one color dominant over the other? I think a red crested black would look pretty cool! But do you think that'd even be an option?

So do you think L=cockerel and R=pullet?? And is it fair to think my buff and houdan are cockerels, too? All of them are 4-5 wks old.
I think your buff looks like a pullet. The goldens not sure. I have a hen her name is Sassy she her doo is not the normal hen look. The one side is like flopped to the other almost. She does not have the big rounded doo and your bigger golden for some reason reminds me of that. They are just so cute!

This is Pretty. She is about 13 weeks old. White polish. I hope she's female. She's very docile. Opinions? This is Ugly. Same age. Same breed. Not sure if it's a boy or girl. Any help would be appreciated. This is my pizzle Mutant with Ugly. Boy or girl? How can you tell?
pretty is a female. ugly is a male. the mutant is a cross breed, it has feathers on the legs. look for wattles to tell male or female, but it is bearded, so it may not be accurate.

I was just looking at the wings of my new polish chicks and need a couple opinions on color...

The chick on the left is one of the buffs. It is easy to see the buff color in her wing feathers in person, not so much in the picture. The one on the right in comparison has white wing feathers with one grey feather. Her overall fluff looks a little greyer in person also. We're thinking splash?

Then we have three white crested:
The first is a typical black, white and black wing feathers.

Then we have this one with white and blue wing feathers - normal white crested blue? or splash?

And then this little girl with all blue feathers but the rest of her looks like a white crested black. What can we expect from her?

Hello, I have 4 1 week old polish chicks- natural hatch (silkie was the broody)
They are all different colours and there wing feathers are coming through nicely!

I am new to hatching chicks, the wing feathers are all growing round is it to early to guess boy or girl???? Advice please

Your last chick I had one hatch the same colour!! Are you saying her because you know it's a girl?? The wing feathers on all four of my chicks are growing round dose his mean girls???
I was just looking at the wings of my new polish chicks and need a couple opinions on color... The chick on the left is one of the buffs. It is easy to see the buff color in her wing feathers in person, not so much in the picture. The one on the right in comparison has white wing feathers with one grey feather. Her overall fluff looks a little greyer in person also. We're thinking splash? Then we have three white crested: The first is a typical black, white and black wing feathers. Then we have this one with white and blue wing feathers - normal white crested blue? or splash? And then this little girl with all blue feathers but the rest of her looks like a white crested black. What can we expect from her?

Your last chick I had one hatch the same colour!! Are you saying her because you know it's a girl?? The wing feathers on all four of my chicks are growing round dose his mean girls???

This was an order of pullets so they "should" be girls. I don't know if you can wing sex polish, if you can it has to be done in the first day or two. Once their feathers start coming in then it doesn't work anymore. I have heard you can sex young polish by the shape of their bump but our order of pullets had both types of bumps so I don't know.

We lost 6 of our order of 18 chicks. Trying everything I can find to do for them. I don't know why we have such a hard time with polish and nothing else!

Back
Top Bottom