Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first baby polish born today at 11:45amEST!!!!!! Took 21 days as you can see from date on shell!

10932234_859134560815589_270600960_n.jpg
How cute! Never get tired of seeing them hatch. Congrats!

Rut roh, starting to think we have a black/white sultan...The baby has a beard and feathered feet...Definitely not a polish, my bad.......

This is my big mama hen, Athena!

My other 3 Goldens pretty much look the same from the front, but I'm hoping to hatch a few of their eggs crossed with my Sebright rooster next month. I had no idea chickens could look as fabulous as the Polish do! They crack me up! :D

Last edited:
I used to have some BCW polish hens and they were very pretty, but I have heard that they do not breed true to color.
Well they do but not 100%, mine are at 75% and getting better all the time. You can breed the splash type males back to a hen with a defined black crest and get chicks true to color and type. They are a newer breed and will take some time to get 100%. However if no one breeds them they won't get any better, it's the same as yellow crest in a WCB or white feathers in GL. It happens and is undesirable so we must breed it out!

Last edited:
Well they do but not 100%, mine are at 75% and getting better all the time. You can breed the splash type males back to a hen with a defined black crest and get chicks true to color and type. They are a newer breed and will take some time to get 100%. However if no one breeds them they won't get any better, it's the same as yellow crest in a WCB or white feathers in GL. It happens and is undesirable so we must breed it out!
I have noticed my GL hens with some white feathers in the crest. I purchased chicks from Murray McMurray last January and received them in April. These were part of the ornamental group of hens purchased. I love the polish chickens but they are difficult to find. We also got cochins in that purchase and my husband thinks they are the most adorable group of hens. He would rather have the cochins instead of the polish. Frankly, I love them all.

My GLs have white feathers & it's the only way I can tell them apart from each other. I guess it's a good thing I'm not breeding them!

Back
Top Bottom