Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@wcbpolish here is an updated picture, after it's dried and fluffed (the one in the middle) . I'm a little worried about him because he doesn't seem to be interested in food and his crop is empty. Any suggestions?

Mmm try dipping his face in the water (or using a syringe to run it along his tounge and see if he will swallow) and putting a piece of the food in his mouth just to see if he will swallow it.

His feathers may be a form of pigmentation/something or other that affects immune system. if hes all in the middle like that he must be a bit chilly, try warming him more or lowering the heat lamp?

beautiful birds!! I've never seen a calico polish before!!

ooooo now I wants!
Thanks! I sell hatching eggs & chicks. Eggs are $65/ dozen plus $15 shipping. I've had excellent hatch rates on my shipped eggs. Chicks are $20 each plus $55 shipping. I have a 6 chick min to ensure their safety during shipping. PM me if you're interested or have any questions. :)

Quote:
Thank you. He is drinking well and he finally ate today (third day after hatching). I've adjusted the lamp too.

yeee!!

any cute littl epeep peeps yet?

what color are this chicks eyes by chance?

it would be easier to guess wether he has a genetic mutation or is a different variatey by his eye color.

I've never heard of that. I'll get some pictures for you.
He's peeping and doing well. A little smaller than the other chicks though. I think I've fallen in love with this one. As many as I hatch you'd think that isn't possible, but there is always one in every batch that seems special for one reason or another.

Oh, this one chick's full blooded sibling made it all the way to lockdown then quit. When I opened the egg the chick inside had a misshapen beak and short legs. Not sure if that helps with your assessment of this one chick here.

@Banaynaychicken
Please disregard the purple on his down and legs. The other chicks wouldn't stop pecking at his backside and legs (maybe because he's the only white chick in the batch?) so I put blue kote on him to protect his tender skin.

Unique chick's eyes

Sibling's eyes

Unique chick's feet. he often walks on his toes.

Last edited:
How old do they have to be before gender is obvious? This is the lone polish survivor from the Easter HAL (I got sick and they had a round of pasty butt while I was too sick to pay attention to them).

How old do they have to be before gender is obvious? This is the lone polish survivor from the Easter HAL (I got sick and they had a round of pasty butt while I was too sick to pay attention to them).

Sorry about the ones you lost.
On my buff laced polish I have found that gender can be determined as young as 6 weeks. Otherwise, as a general rule, if the wattles start to turn red between 8 and 10 weeks you have a boy. By 12 to 14 weeks it will be obvious who the girls are because their crest will look like a well manicured afro while the boys will have a more stringing hippy look.

Back
Top Bottom