Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little guy...or girl im not sure yet...is my special little one! Her/His head feathers is super uneven and the beak is off centered and slightly slanted. The top beak is severely over arched with an even more severely arched nostril area. The bottom beak is as straight as a board so his/her beak is not even close to closing. If you are looking at him/her from the front the right side of his or her face is more full then the left. All of these imperfections make him/her even more perfect!! I love this baby so much and would not ever trade her for a "perfect" polish.
IMG_5486.JPG IMG_5487.JPG IMG_5488.JPG

My little guy...or girl im not sure yet...is my special little one! Her/His head feathers is super uneven and the beak is off centered and slightly slanted. The top beak is severely over arched with an even more severely arched nostril area. The bottom beak is as straight as a board so his/her beak is not even close to closing. If you are looking at him/her from the front the right side of his or her face is more full then the left. All of these imperfections make him/her even more perfect!! I love this baby so much and would not ever trade her for a "perfect" polish.
View attachment 1503333View attachment 1503334View attachment 1503335
With those pointy crest feathers, i predict a cockerel.

Would love to see a photo if you find some. Wondering what that color is like.

From what I can tell Dun is a chocolate gene in any breed and supposedly rare

Polish Chickens Breeding Chocolates | BackYard Chickens
Dun is not the same as platinum, dun is the name of the incompletely dominant gene that produces chocolate and khaki. The chocolate gene is different and breeds true. As far as I know, the chocolate gene is not present in any flocks in the US I must not have been clear, I never said that Dun is the same as platinum.

1. Poultry Genetics -Mutations - Edelras
    www.edelras.nl/chickengenetics/mutations1.html
    Yet the Dun gene (I D) is similar to Blue (Bl), ie incompletely dominant, where heterozygotes (I D /i +) produce a darker Dun colour, yet the homozygotes (I D /I D) produce a much paler Dun colour. The Dun genetics are explained at MSN Polish Chickens website: The difference in Dun expression are shown in the OEGB varieties:

Back
Top Bottom