Polish Turken?

C'aint we be rural and ig'nert?
lol.png

I just found turken easier to type than naked neck. That is interesting though.

Hi All
I dont know much about the genetics of poultry but I would like to work on a cross in the future. Turken + Faverolles = A chicken that is naked neck and has a large beard ?
smile.png

William Grace

Goodness lighten up for havens sake, as long as they don't call them hidious I'm OK, and I have over a 100 birds probably and u can call them either. If someone wants to cross them thats how new breeds are born...ex. showgirls..who ever thought of that cross had a great vision. so don't be so mean, state your point nicely and you will be far more respected by others. Frank @ Bayshore

Go for it. Create a new breed. That the fun of chicken breeding to me.
I call them Turkens and I'll continue to call them turkens. I've heard them called Turkens all my life (since I was about 8 years old anyhow. I think the name Naked Neck came along later to sound sofisticated. But that's just little ole' me from Arkansas.

Chickanmanfromarkansas

i wasnt breeding them to sell as anything special yea im sure theyre are people out theyre that think turkens with a hat are cool but i really dont like you coming into my thread and calling people rural and ignorant. maybe thats why hes banned...ANYWHO

how about a buttercup turken?

SQ

Funny I found this thread - I was wondering the same myself. I've seen showgirls, but I really would like to start a breeding program for top-hatted Turkens. Although I'd rather go Sultan/Turken, I'm a sucker for feathered feet and beards. . . Although the beard won't show up in F1, I'm hoping F2 just may have beards. I've always been crazy about the thought of a bearded, naked necked chicken.
lol.png

Probably this Spring I'll get myself a Sultan boy, and if he doesn't work out with my Turken - A better turken, perhaps a blue if there are still breeders of blues around.

Edit: Oh, Houdans have beards. . . duuh. I think with their splashier color, I'll go with that. White doesn't seem to mix too well, but maybe I'll give it a go. Feathered feet rock.
love.gif

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool. Do the first cross of the two breeds, keep the birds with biggest crests and naked necks and just keep breeding back to polish. I call any non-standard bird with a naked neck a turken, if it is bred for show it is a naked neck.

I once crossed a turken hen with a mille fluer d'uccle rooster. The hen was white with a cushion type comb and the rooster was good looking. The offspring were all different colors, one of the cockerels was white with some red showing through with a big beard and bare neck, made me laugh when I saw him.

Back
Top Bottom