Polish Turken?

frizzled turken+ ??=
38899_100_1771.jpg

i also crossed polish + cochin= potion

I have done the Turken X Polish. The chicks are about 3-4 wks old. My roo was a Golden Laced Polish and the hens were all complete naked neck Turkens (no bowtie) Out of about 20 chicks, only 1 was not naked neck....all the rest have a small bowtie. They don't have a very big crest....I guess I will have to breed back to get a bigger crest, if I decide to continue with it. All of them have the lacing like their father. Maybe I can get out there and take some pictures of them.

Let me know if anyone would like some eggs.

Have done this cross.Naked neck rooster mated to a red crested red polish from ideal hatchery.The result was a very unique looking bird.Plan to this cross again but adding the frizzle gene to the mix.The pics are of the f1 pullet(naked neck rooster X r.c. red polish hen) and a crested naked neck that I bought at an auction.If you have any pics of naked neck X crested crosses would really like to see them.

Hey, I'm new to the website, I stumbled across this thread while trying to find pictures of other Turkish Polken's (as I like to call them) on google. The fact that I even have these chicks is a complete accident to begin with. Early last spring I started my flock with 2 Silver-Laced Wyandotte's, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Aracauna's, 1 Blue Polish, & 1 Bantam Turken. The only 2 that weren't sexed were the Polish & the Turken, so long story short - the Polish ended up being a rooster & mated with the Bantam Turken! I free-range my flock & all of the sudden 1 day Goggles (my B.T.) didn't come back to roost in the coop with the rest of them for the night. Having had Bantams in the past, I know they tend to be very broody, so I figured she had either been the victim of a dog attack, or that she was nesting.....well as time went on, I asked around & confirmed with my neighbors that they had recently seen her, but only for short periods of time. It was about this time that Beaker (our Blue Polish Rooster) sadly got hit by a car :( A couple weeks later she pops up with 8 chicks, all of them with Naked Necks, 7 Blue/Grey/Black mix & 1 that was red - apparently she must have had a run-in with our old Rhode Island Red Rooster :-D Below is an image of 1 of them - just wanted to share!

Absolutely the best first post on BYC by a new member! Welcome and congrats on having sensible birds who know how to produce the best chicks! ;)

That is a great pic too- looks like the Grinch before his heart grew.

Should try checking out the Turken NN thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/301500/naked-neck-turken-thread Mixes, projects are very welcome, recently there has been a lot of crested breed crosses popping up in that thread. You'd fit right in there as well.

Hey, I'm new to the website, I stumbled across this thread while trying to find pictures of other Turkish Polken's (as I like to call them) on google. The fact that I even have these chicks is a complete accident to begin with. Early last spring I started my flock with 2 Silver-Laced Wyandotte's, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Aracauna's, 1 Blue Polish, & 1 Bantam Turken. The only 2 that weren't sexed were the Polish & the Turken, so long story short - the Polish ended up being a rooster & mated with the Bantam Turken! I free-range my flock & all of the sudden 1 day Goggles (my B.T.) didn't come back to roost in the coop with the rest of them for the night. Having had Bantams in the past, I know they tend to be very broody, so I figured she had either been the victim of a dog attack, or that she was nesting.....well as time went on, I asked around & confirmed with my neighbors that they had recently seen her, but only for short periods of time. It was about this time that Beaker (our Blue Polish Rooster) sadly got hit by a car
sad.png
A couple weeks later she pops up with 8 chicks, all of them with Naked Necks, 7 Blue/Grey/Black mix & 1 that was red - apparently she must have had a run-in with our old Rhode Island Red Rooster :-D Below is an image of 1 of them - just wanted to share!

Hey, I'm new to the website, I stumbled across this thread while trying to find pictures of other Turkish Polken's (as I like to call them) on google. The fact that I even have these chicks is a complete accident to begin with. Early last spring I started my flock with 2 Silver-Laced Wyandotte's, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Aracauna's, 1 Blue Polish, & 1 Bantam Turken. The only 2 that weren't sexed were the Polish & the Turken, so long story short - the Polish ended up being a rooster & mated with the Bantam Turken! I free-range my flock & all of the sudden 1 day Goggles (my B.T.) didn't come back to roost in the coop with the rest of them for the night. Having had Bantams in the past, I know they tend to be very broody, so I figured she had either been the victim of a dog attack, or that she was nesting.....well as time went on, I asked around & confirmed with my neighbors that they had recently seen her, but only for short periods of time. It was about this time that Beaker (our Blue Polish Rooster) sadly got hit by a car
sad.png
A couple weeks later she pops up with 8 chicks, all of them with Naked Necks, 7 Blue/Grey/Black mix & 1 that was red - apparently she must have had a run-in with our old Rhode Island Red Rooster :-D Below is an image of 1 of them - just wanted to share!
Cool chick.Will you be breeding back to polish?As Kev mentioned you check out the naked neck/turken thread.Lots of unusual naked neck chicken pics.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom