poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Legal....loving the country
big_smile.png

Not sure. There is a chicken ordinance that was before the county last year but it hasn't been in the news since the fall. We are keeping our flock in compliance with what the proposed ordinance would be. We got our first four hens from someone that was having to move, and my husband wanted 8 more based on the proposed ordinance (which actually allows 13). But he hasn't called the county to see if the ordinance passed. Maybe I'm stupid in hoping that the ordinance passed but they chose not to publicize the outcome. If it hadn't passed, I imagine people would still be fighting it. I guess we should be fighting it, but I am someone who fears authority and my husband is someone who enjoys flouting it. So I guess we prefer not knowing. We did mean to attend a council meeting back in October.

soon to be illegal....i'm getting 2 to 3 chicks at the end of march. I can't wait!!
big_smile.png
if i get found out, i'll make a chicken coop out of my spare room upstairs....while i fight to make them legal.

Legal for up to 10 hens, no roosters. There were a few restrictions regarding setbacks for the coop and run, but they were completely reasonable as was the $25 one time fee. I live in the city on a .66 acre lot, but anyone in my city can have 10 chickens. As long as the coop is big enough for the # of chickens and not closer than 15 feet from the property line, it's legal. We're even legally allowed to let them free range in the fenced yard as long as they're supervised. I'm supervising them right now through the window.
caf.gif

I am legal....on a technicality. Meaning they can't technically make me get rid of my chickens, just my "coop". LOL @ supervising (the thread above me).

Back
Top Bottom