poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Legal,living the country life on 5 acres.

I really feel for the city folks, you can have chickens but seems like most rules are 4 tops. I don't know about you but 4 hens would not keep me in enough eggs if I was wanting big weekend breakfast and some baking. I like the city law for previous poster that said 13. As hens slow down you should still get a fair number each week to keep you and a friend happy when there is extra.

outlaw--- and most likely about to get in trouble for it. Cross your fingers for me!

fl.gif
for you and everyone! im legal, though.
woot.gif

Illegal apparently. Thought I was legal for almost a year, and found out yesterday I'm not. I did hours of research and failed to see an ordinance requiring 400 ft between dwellings for domestic animals, excluding cats and dogs. Had a neighbor complaint about noise. I have 3 chickens. This neighbor didn't hear them for a year, but if there's one or two bad days, chicken bocking really stands out. I'm so sad to find a new home for my three hens!

Legal with the city...technically not legal with the HOA, but there's a small loophole
wink.png
Because my chickens are definitely pets, not livestock
tongue.png

Quite Illegal, but just starting the uphill battle of working on my city and its anti-chicken laws... i have a feeling it will be a hard road...

2 barred rocks and 2 black australorps!

definitely illegal- just got my zoning notice today (thanks to a neighbor who lives in the country but doesn't like chickens). Sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to change some laws here- or buy more property!

Back
Top Bottom