poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Quote:
Yeah, ours are legal, too. E-mailed the city and they told me there were no limits to the amount of chickens we could have including roosters but that the roosters would possibly fall into the noise ordinance. Anyhow, that being said our coop is supposed to be 25 feet from any residential dwelling and 50 feet from the property line which would put it in an awkward place where our neighbors would have a clearer view of the coop. Where we decided to put it all they see is the back of our coop and run which is entirely paneled so they can't see a thing or be bothered. It's been up 2 weeks so far and I haven't had any visits from the city or nosy neighbors so I hope we're ok!

Legal here!
smile.png
I read on some webpage somewhere that Nashua, NH has no laws against chickens. Woohooo!

Although I did just hear that the city changed the limit and you can have more than 3, but I have not confirmed that.

Illegal, but I have my story ready - I have 2 silkies that I thought were either: furry parakeets or rabbits with skinny legs. Oops!

I polled my neighbors for approval - expect no complaints. Worst case scenario, I expect a note on my door and will take the ladies back to their original seller.

Question for folks - Have any "outlaws" been cited without neighbor complaint? I can't see the city showing up at my door if nobody complains. My ex called me asking if I had a chicken in the backyard....I guess my 3 year old outed me by mentioning the "ladies" *smirk*: - he ranted on the phone about zoning, health department, legal fees, etc. - funny how he's Chicken Little and I'm the one with chickens.

Legal here. We were in a subdivision that had a "no poultry" restriction, but just moved to five acres in a semi-rural area. Five acres was the magic number -- we can have ANYTHING -- llamas, goats, horses, chickens, sheep, etc. If we had only three acres we would have been restricted to chickens and horses. I don't know that we'll ever get llamas or sheep (my kids have talked about alpacas
smile.png
, though), but it's nice to know we can if we want.

Back
Top Bottom