poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

judge could kiss my rear.
lau.gif
chickens need love too

I caught all sorts of crap when I fired at a hawk while it was chewing on a 3 month old chick. What bothers me is that it's OK for animal control to take the neighbor dog away, after I told them I refuse to shoot a dog. When it comes to my girls or any other living thing on this ranch - the law does not apply.

Legal here, though we're a mile from downtown. Roosters aren't outlawed... the code only says that animals may not be neglected or a nuisance to neighbors, and that applies to all animals. A guy two blocks over has goats! We don't have roos, just to avoid the problem, and all the adjacent neighbors are fine with our cluckers. We give them fresh eggs every now and then, just to keep on their good sides. Heaven knows all the dogs on my street are a lot louder than my girls could ever be.

Legal - as far as I know at this point New ordinance says I can only have one rooster per acre. I have over an acre and one cockerel, plus one presumed cockerel, plus one 'might be' cockerel.. Only one's crowing and I don't know who it is so it's really too early to tell. So I might end up being an outlaw - which would be kind of cool
smile.png

To mrsbrcant - I'm in SD county as well and am so sorry you're going through this. Escondido has a great animal shelter and touts itself as being pro-animal - I'm really surprised to read your situation. Call them seramas, don't use the word "chickens", and play up the 4H because there seems to be a lot of understanding and good will about 4H.
City's says just because code doesn't say you can have them means you can't have them? Far as I know, code is supposed to tell you what you CAN'T do so you might want to consult with a lawyer. "With that logic, since frogs are not mentioned in the code as allowed household pets, I should not be allowed to have a pet frog." - that's exactly the response to their position - perfect. And BTW - "Urban wine & cheese and art mecca"? Sorry - not what I think of when I think of Escondido...
Really sorry you're going through this -

Back
Top Bottom