poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Quote:
Since animal control is saying "no," write a letter asking htem to specify exactly what ordinance or code you are violating. Then read with a fine-toothed comb and take your fight up the chain.

I'm allowed to have 10 pigeons legally in my area. Unlimited if I join a pigeon club. Chickens are consider "poultry" and lumped in with cows and horses. So I have "Large Heritage Pigeons". They live in my pigeon coop and I feed them pigeon feed. And they lay me pigeon eggs to cook for breakfast.

Quote:
I would love to see pics of your set up.

Legal with 3 coops in the middle of the city. No HOA though.

Our neigborhood , located with the Agricultural Residential Zoning District, was designed and remains an equestrian neighborhood. We have bridle paths, not alleys behind our yards; we have a neighborhood park that includes large stalls & 2 lit arenas. Our CC&Rs require that our animals be penned, caged or cooped or otherwise controlled so that they do not wander or fly about the neigborhood. Swine are specifically disallowed; numbers of other livestock are regulated by city-designated limits, which is based upon the size of the individual lot. The city doesn't specify numbers of poultry in the Ag District. Our residents have enjoyed their horses, cows, goats, sheep, chickens, guineas, turkeys, ducks, geese, pigeons and even peacocks for the last 38 years. The HOA next to us is similar; it sports a few emu and llamas/alpacas (I don't know enough to tell the difference). There are also several other similar neighborhoods nearby without the HOAs.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom