poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

i'm legal the first house outside city limits. Besides all my neighbor fuss about the guy 1/2 mile down the road cuz he has a bunch of roosters he shows and crow all the time. Plus my first chickens my neighbor gave me cuz his father was getting to old to take care of them in the winter. and i was lucky he did construction and pretty much brought me everything for my coup minus 2x4's and hardware cloth.

I am guessing legal. I never really checked, but this whole area is farming zoned, cows all around me and there used to be cattle and chickens on this property in the past. I'm right outside town limits in the county. They have build an annoying sub division right behind me though, can they change the zoning and make me get rid of my chickens even though I have had them before the change?

i'm legal the first house outside city limits. Besides all my neighbor fuss about the guy 1/2 mile down the road cuz he has a bunch of roosters he shows and crow all the time. Plus my first chickens my neighbor gave me cuz his father was getting to old to take care of them in the winter. and i was lucky he did construction and pretty much brought me everything for my coup minus 2x4's and hardware cloth.

Sounds like a great arrangement to me!! Does he have any relatives in SE PA?!

mm

I live out in the sticks... out past "you got a purty mouth"... so I'm legal... My sister lives in the City, it's legal to have a few chickens... she's got lots... so she's a lawbreaker... Who'da thunk it!

Claudette

Snozzle - I don't think they can change the zoning on you and actually make you adhere to it because you already have the animals, I would think you'd be grandfathered in

Last edited:
technically I'm an outlaw, but the lawyer that's supposed to deal with the agricultural stuff hasn't been seen for over 10 years. Horses are allowed, and honestly I think 3 cute little chickens is more agreeable than a horse (to the neighbors anyway, I LOVE horses) All the neighbors who know about them love the hens, and want to try out the BYC thing themselves :)... If not we have no trouble converting them with delicious, cheap eggs!
I told my brother maybe one day every person in the neighborhood would have a small flock.
Wouln't that be the place to live
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom