POLL: How much do you pay for a 50# bag of feed???

Basically if you want to be as organic as possible, you let them free-range anyway. No need to flip out over chicken food.

Also remember this when buying anything labeled "organic":

In the US, federal organic legislation defines three levels of organics. Products made entirely with certified organic ingredients and methods can be labelled "100% organic". Products with 95% organic ingredients can use the word "organic". Both may also display the USDA organic seal. A third category, containing a minimum of 70% organic ingredients, can be labelled "made with organic ingredients". In addition, products may also display the logo of the certification body that approved them. Products made with less than 70% organic ingredients can not advertise this information to consumers and can only mention this fact in the product's ingredient statement. Similar percentages and labels apply in the EU.

Last edited:
I am working on getting my pastures certified organic, so at some point I may want to do it with my meat birds as well. The price of the food is something to consider. But, being ethical is another. We've never used medicated feed on our birds.

Our ruminants, on the other hand, have lots of issues down here in a very wet, mild climate.

Quote:
you know sometimes genetics factors in! I haven't seen any research that says organic foods will keep you from getting breast cancer. Now if you were taking a hormone supplement for menopause that would be a factor--that is what happened to my mom.

I feed MFM feed.

I pay $9.00 for 50# of starter & $7.50 for 50# of layer pellets.
Corn prices change every time I get feed, so I can't even keep up with that one.
Last time I bought corn chops they were $7.00 for 50#.

I really like MFM feeds.
They service Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma & Louisiana.

Jean

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom