Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I was wanting to get a trio, but my husband said that they mate for life and so they'd only pick one female and the other would be an outcast. What do you guys think?

Also, if I got a pr of gray and a pr of buff, can they breed together? Or is it bad for the colors?

I had a trio of Poms ( a male & 2 females) that did just fine together. Both females laid fertile eggs.

Grey and Buff can be bred together. If I remember correctly breeding a buff male to a grey female will produce buff females and grey males & a grey male bred to a buff female will produce all grey offspring. The males in both cases will be carriers for buff. Someone correct me if I have gotten this incorrect.

Have a question about goslings, not exactly about Poms but related. In the past I have raised Poms, no other breeds of geese so identify goslings isn't something I am good at. I received some gosling today which aren't supposed to be Poms but they are marked just like the Pom goslings I used to hatch. These goslings are Americans. Finally the question: Are there other breeds of geese that the goslings have Pom marking when they hatch? I thought only the Poms had that distinct marking.

Thanks for entertaining my question even though it isn't exactly a Pom question.

Last edited:
How much are these going for?

Which ones? The Grey or Buff poms? It will depend on the breeder sometimes, the criticality of the breed, and the age, straight-run, or sexed pairs, or even purchasing eggs. I have paid as little as $25.00 to as much as $100.00 per bird. Grey Poms are easier to find than Buff Poms, though the Pomeranians are are critical in number breed. I do Pomeranians and Americans, both critical breeds. Their season is pretty much coming to a close, where we are getting warmer.

Have a question about goslings, not exactly about Poms but related. In the past I have raised Poms, no other breeds of geese so identify goslings isn't something I am good at. I received some gosling today which aren't supposed to be Poms but they are marked just like the Pom goslings I used to hatch. These goslings are Americans. Finally the question: Are there other breeds of geese that the goslings have Pom marking when they hatch? I thought only the Poms had that distinct marking.

Thanks for entertaining my question even though it isn't exactly a Pom question.

We had a splash Seb hatch here who looked a lot like a Saddle when it hatched so... we think she is a splash for sure at this point anyway. Some folks even thought she was a saddle Seb but no... her head is flecked with grey but is otherwise white.

I met some very nice African Geese at the poultry show yesterday. Something about their faces is appealing.

To add my two cents about trios etc. The geese I have here are not bonded. They mate but are not exclusive. If another female or male comes along this year we have a chance for 'true love' but it isn't here and isn't stopping them from procreating. After breeding season I expect everyone will integrate as a flock.

I have 13 young geese for sale and a dozen eggs due to hatch in a couple weeks. I have never shipped and live in Ohio. any chance you are coming my way?

I now have a Buff and 2 Grey Pomeranians thanks to Fowl Menagerie. They have integrated into the existing goslings and ducklings fine, but they are a little bossy.

I was hoping someone was going to volunteer who the breeder was in Maine that Poms were gotten from but now I will formally ask: who did you get the Poms from in Maine???

Back
Top Bottom