Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
Sasa, I spoke with Holderreads this weekend. They informed me they wouldn't have Pomeranians next year. Also said all they had left were a couple adult ganders and offered them to me if I was interested. Might want to look for another source if you were planning to get any from them.

Sasa, I spoke with Holderreads this weekend. They informed me they wouldn't have Pomeranians next year. Also said all they had left were a couple adult ganders and offered them to me if I was interested. Might want to look for another source if you were planning to get any from them.

I may have grey Pomeranian goslings in spring, not sure on the Buff backs. If you are interested, I can let you know. I am willing to ship. Since, however, I am in New Mexico, near the AZ border and I don't know where you are, I would only send them Express Mail if I have them. I had thought of maybe buying those adult ganders myself, but I am yet undecided.

RURU

My geese and ducks live happily together. I have 2 drakes with 10 hens and am getting 2 Harlequin girls, so there is a good balance, plus one of my Embdens who lost her gander has taken up with the Runner drakes so those boys don't have time to get in trouble. I think the secret with ducks is to have lots of hens, even as many as 10 hens per drake because drakes are designed to take care of lots and lots of hens, as opposed to ganders who only take on 2 or 3 geese.

Here we are on the Pomeranian thread talking about Sebastopols and ducks...lol

I am waiting to hear about a pair of Poms though.

I just noticed you are in Colorado, so I am not too far from you. I am in Lordsburg and Las Cruces, NM. Transitioning to the large orchards in Lordsburg as we speak. It is near the AZ border in Hidalgo County. We are the only pecan and fruit orchards out there. Ours is an Israeli drip irrigation farm and we thought our ducks and geese would enjoy working and playing in the orchards and pond. I will be busy building everybody their separate condos out there and have a bird barn up already. Our birds are bodyguarded by three Great Pyrenees, but you would crack up if you saw hoe the American Buff and Pomeranian kids keep the dogs in line. Our Chinese geese don't do that. They just enjoy hanging out with the dogs. You guys have horses, I have two donkeys. They think they are million dollar thoroughbreds. There is a lady in Alamogordo I have dealt with in the past that has Sebbies and a Pair of Grey Poms that are beautiful. I can call her and see if she has any goslings from this year. She doesn't vent sex, so I would need to do that for you if she has any. As for her Sebbies, I only saw white when I was last out there, but that was last year. She has been advertising goslings and ducklings, just don't know of what. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

January

I'm new to Pomeranians, and wondered a few things about the breed that I hoped you folks could help me with. First, how many eggs will the typical goose lay in a season? With our funky weather this spring, my goose has just started laying. There's been two eggs since Monday, so I'm suspecting she's on an every-other-day pattern. Is that common? Is she likely to lay more if I go ahead and pull her current eggs, or should I leave them to encourage her nesting? I've raised other breeds of geese and know that some are more picky about nesting habits than others -- wasn't sure what to expect of these Poms.

Also -- does anyone have experience with other colors of Saddlebacks, aside from buff and gray? I'm interested in other colors that people raise or have seen, to understand the genetics of the Saddlebacks in lavender or blue, or perhaps others?

Thanks for any help.

SASA

Thanks for the info. Just recieved confirmation from Holderreads that goslings will be shipped next week. They will be Americans. I'll have to decide (quickly) if I have room for 4 more goslings.

very successful goose hatching season for me. Just hatched third batch of goslings. 10 in this batch. 1st batch had 14 and second batch had15. Last batch in incubator 12 eggs due in a couple weeks. This is not the norm for me.

Congratulations and very nice group of goslings
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom