Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
Congratulations! I am waiting to hear about a pair of adults. I am looking for Saddleback Sebastopols as well and found them in Missouri but they said it would take 3 days to get them to CO, crazy to keep birds in a box for that long.

We are also looking for a decent used Sportsman, where did you find yours? We have 3 of the cheapie styrofoam incubators, one still air we use as a hatchery and 2 with fans.. our success rate is okay with geese, ducks and guineas, but we sure do want something more substantial. Do you mind us asking what you had to pay for your used incubator and about how old is it? We are also toying with the idea of making a cabinet type incubator have you ever tried that?

Thanks

Leslie and Lauri

I just received four goslings from them yesterday. arrived in great shape. Two grays and two buffs. Won't know until they feather and grow how they are but right now they are very healthy. I put them with 15 gray saddlebacks that I had hatched the same day. I am having a great hatching season so far. I sold 14 earlier have these 15 and still about 15 eggs in bator due in a couple weeks. They are slowing on their laying so I am about done for this year. Great fun to hatch and raise.

Congratulations and lovely breed
thumbsup.gif

Went two summers ago to Portland In . bought three. Qwls got one,ended up with a pair. Raised three little ones last year. I bought a gander off a man in Cincinnati . It was the only one he had left. So this year I had 4 hens and 2 ganders and they have produced very well. These geese are a little testy right now because of the little ones hatching, but usually eat apples right out of my hand.

Sasa-sorry didn't understand what you asking. Got my new 4(2 gray &2 buff saddles) from the same place as Englewood Hills. which is Little Spring Farm in Maine. Found them on line.try littlespringfarmcroft.com

Sasa if I am not mistaken are you sure that was not me you inquired with??? Someone emailed me about saddlebacks and I told them from the day I send them out it can take 3 days even with Express mail. I have to run them into another town and be there be 3:00 pm and they leave the P.O. at 4:00 pm. So you can not count that day but in total it 3 days.
I also make sure when I send goslings off that they have plenty of greens to nibble on in with them for any trip be it a short one or a long one.
But my goslings always arrive alive because I take measures to keep them fed and have lettuce or other things in there for fluid's. I have never lost a gosling or adult because I follow a good regiment for shipping.

I suggest you find a breeder closer to where you live so that it does not take so long for goslings to get to you or you can drive to them to pick up goslings.

RURU

Oh how funny, yes it was! I'm glad you take such good care of your geese. How much longer will you have goslings to sell this year?

There are no breeders I can find that are closer, none here who are advertising at least.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom