Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
That's a really good idea, I honestly would love to have a bundle of geese! But the reality is I have the two and I also have two African goslings, 3wks old. Plus 10 ducks, a mini donkey, mini horse, cats & dogs. For the most part I take care of them myself. Oh dont let me forget the 2 daughters & husband!

I've had my husband build a couple lean-to's and that was like pulling teeth.
Unfortunately its just not a good idea for me right now :-(
I appreciate the offer and perhaps next year I'll be

That's a really good idea, I honestly would love to have a bundle of geese! But the reality is I have the two and I also have two African goslings, 3wks old. Plus 10 ducks, a mini donkey, mini horse, cats & dogs. For the most part I take care of them myself. Oh dont let me forget the 2 daughters & husband!

I've had my husband build a couple lean-to's and that was like pulling teeth.
Unfortunately its just not a good idea for me right now :-(
I appreciate the offer and perhaps next year I'll be

Completely understand. My husband is a contractor, but it takes forever to get anything done here because he is always at work and has the tools with him. Yesterday he finally got around to enlarging the turkey coop: It has been on the "to do" list for a couple months. At least this time, he did it before we were officially out of room.

My Geese lay about 14 eggs that i have in my incubator i thought she will lay more but now she is broody. It is just an experiment i will make i will try incubate 30 chicken eggs with my Geese she is not heavy and i put in front of her the eggs and very delicate put them under her, she is raised with chickens and as i try to make her nest in other places than my chicken coop she always return where my chickens lay, know she wont let any of my chickens near her, i don't expect much cause it is her first time that she goes broody but i ll give it a shot. I mark the eggs and i will take them at day 18 for candling and put them in my hatchery to finish incubation. Problems i think of . (cracking the eggs, step on baby cheeks, put chicks in water, abandon the nest). 30 chicken eggs is just perfect for her size she covers them complete. If anyone have any information please share with me. Also she is in a perfect condition and i don't want to cross her limits.

Last edited:
3 days and does not get up at all. It is normal to be calmer that she usually is, now i can pet her !!!!!, i gave her today some water and some greens in the nest, she ate some but still ( it feels like i have a sick girl in bed and try to feed her)

3 days and does not get up at all. It is normal to be calmer that she usually is, now i can pet her !!!!!, i gave her today some water and some greens in the nest, she ate some but still ( it feels like i have a sick girl in bed and try to feed her)

I'm not a 100% sure on this, but you may need to physically pick her up so that she can stretch her legs & graze a little. She's definitely not going to want to, you need her to be healthy. I'd say about 10 mins is fine & then letting her get back to her nest. But, you might need a second opinion on this

My Father try that today and she get upset the male came quick and gave him some good war marks in his hands, there was blood. ... I took the feed from her and just let some water near her. I will wait 5 more days and if she is still in that situation i ll try give her the goslings hatching from my incubator. The good thing is that no one chicken egg broken and 29 are fertile. . But i m thinking that she knows what to do way better than me even if it is her first hatch.

Clean up crew - busy at work - cleaning out the dropped sprouts from my fodder unit.

love.gif

So, my husband FINALLY gave in and when a used Sportsman Cabinet incubator was offered for sale at a reasonable price last weekend he let me buy it!

We cleaned it, sanitized it and I made him set it up in the house. I ran it all day Monday to get the temperature set and make sure everything was good to go. Now the bottom two trays are over half full of goose eggs!
I am getting about 20 +/- a week and have plenty left over after filling my hatching egg orders. Now it is time to start hatching those 40 goslings I have ordered plus a dozen or so for me. Whoot!

That's cool - I'm going to have to get a new still air incubator (or fix my old one - the thermostat went in it and I came home to cooked eggs ... literally) before egg season comes along over here. I'm not that impressed with the air forced one that I got as a replacement. My hatch rate (with chickens) went from about 80% to about 20%
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom