Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
Hey guys! Figured I'd join the chat and talk about my giant goofball. Klaus is my only goose right now (Gander really) and He's a Buff Saddleback Pom. I'm actually trying to find him a girlfriend ASAP because I didn't realize that geese mate for life when I got him. (Anddd I may have accidentally created the Odd Couple since I got him and a Female Duck at the same time). He's been really cantankarus and more of a goofball than usual lately today but it's nothing I'm not prepared for. This morning he wouldn't stay in the coop when I tried to put everyone in and I wound up having to pick him up like a toddler and toss him in. He literally had his neck all hunched and stuck his feet straight out in front of him like "Noooooo!! No no no! Mom I don't wanna go back inside!!! Eeeek!" it was too funny.

In 2016 we hatched out 5 Pomeranian geese. We gave 2 to a friend and kept 3. Then in January we had a pack of coyotes take our only female and 2 ducks. We were left with 2 ganders. Was a bit of a rough spring as they tried to have their way with the female ducks and chickens...

Well the friend gave back their pair of geese because their younger child didn't like them and would run from them (she's taller than I am, no reason she couldn't defend her self). So now we have 3 ganders and one goose. They all remember each other, got along straight away... But I've noticed the 3 ganders will go off in a group and leave the goose behind... Not sure if this boys club thing is normal or not lol.

In 2016 we hatched out 5 Pomeranian geese. We gave 2 to a friend and kept 3. Then in January we had a pack of coyotes take our only female and 2 ducks. We were left with 2 ganders. Was a bit of a rough spring as they tried to have their way with the female ducks and chickens...

Well the friend gave back their pair of geese because their younger child didn't like them and would run from them (she's taller than I am, no reason she couldn't defend her self). So now we have 3 ganders and one goose. They all remember each other, got along straight away... But I've noticed the 3 ganders will go off in a group and leave the goose behind... Not sure if this boys club thing is normal or not lol.
I'm pretty sure it is...sorta. My gander likes to hang out with my other roos for the most part. (Although It might be the other way around since there's not that much testosterone going around in the coop).

I know I've asked and posted on here before...but I can't remember what page it was to see if I ever got a response... So if y'all don't mind I'd like to try again...I was told I had an amer. Buff and a gray saddleback...no clue of sex's...and not sure if the "saddleback" is really a saddleback...as he/she has grown they have lost a lot of color...any guesses on the sex if the two and if they really are what they said they are? New to geese this yr
IMG_20170730_152502.jpg

The white one has a gray snake like pattern on back underneath wings, blue eyes, and a few random; gray, buff, and almost black feathers

Back
Top Bottom