Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Thespoiledchicken, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Missa Chickabee

Missa Chickabee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    Wow. Some master craftmanship happening here. It is very eye-pleasing and so practical, too.
    I think the only thing I might add...just because I feel so safety-conscious these days....would be a complicated latch on each side...because raccoons are very smart little
    trouble-makers:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...nyAQ&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p<br><br>Most

Even humans have a hard time with this if they have never encountered it before. I one on my chicken door and I'm adding at least one other there.

-Missa

2. You can get it in Australia as I went to a pet expo back at the start of this year and they were showing it then. I have a panphlet somewhere I will see if I can find it. It was being advertised as bedding litter for cats and small animals.

3. sweety13

sweety13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2012
    I was quoting debir1966, that is her awesome setup :)

4. eddieperth

eddieperth New Egg

Sep 2, 2012
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks for your help and the welcome! I've done just as you advised and found a nearby outlet for zeolite. Not sure if it's powder or granules? It is sold here in Perth as a soil improver for our sandy soils.

Thanks much Sessieau! I couldn't find it here in Perth, but things always show up 'over east' well before they make it across the Nullarbor! [​IMG]

I will continue to keep an eye out for it. Great to see a fellow Aussie on the forums! [​IMG]

I'm working on my coop in a couple of days and may try to post a few pics of my setup if I have time. Thanks for the quick help!

5. Brucepierce

Brucepierce Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2012
    Just outside Boston
    My Coop
    Thanks for the photos...I will 100% be using your general design in my new playhouse rehab...thanks for the ideas:)

6. Janski

Janski Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    Attleboro, MA
  7. kellanv

kellanv Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2012
    Thanks! I'm quite happy with everything so far. As for the lock we will probably take your advice and use a latch with a carabiner like we did on the other sections. Our thought was due to how heavy the drawer is that a raccoon would have a pretty hard time getting it open and wedging himself through but it is probably best to have some extra security!

8. Missa Chickabee

Missa Chickabee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
  9. Colton

Colton Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    Western WI
    I am now attempting to build my own poop board contraption. I made it from scratch and with a handsaw. It was a TON of work. [​IMG] I dont mean to brag but for me only being 13, i'd say i did a pretty good job.I'm almost finished all i have to do is put the plywood in and get some sweet PDX from the feedmill/co-op. Can't wait to FINISH!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. Brucepierce

Brucepierce Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2012
    Just outside Boston
    My Coop
    How many ladies do you have in that coop that you have 2 roost areas and trays? We are looking to get 6 chickens and wondered how much space they need to roost.
    Thx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by