Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

BEFORE reading this thread.....

AFTER

Good thing I used screws!
Still not sure about the number and placement of the boxes especially on the small wall since the one in the corner will be a pain to collect from.

I really like this design. 1) how tall is your table, 2) how much clearance is there in the bottom, between the floor and the bottom of your nest boxes? Enough room for a starter brooder?

For those of you who have built a brooder UNDER your poop table, how are you dealing with chick poop? I'm wanting to make changes with my coop and needing to build a brooder inside, but unsure of how to proceed. Some BYC friends (with lots of chicks), suggest putting them on wire as the best way to deal with chick waste. I can do that and just build-in some pull-out trays (with PDZ of course!), or just put them on the floor and do some modified DLM, just like they would be in a plastic bin brooder..... Any suggestions???

Here is my "hospital, prison, or someday brooder"

I will be using "mama heating pad" when the time comes for more chicks. I'll pick the poo out just like if they were in a bin. chickens on wire can get bumble foot i believe. Plus baby feet/legs can fall through and get caught, possibly injured.

I really like the design of your hospital etc room. Good for " time out" as I call it. Thank goodness with my first nine ( did I say that: as if there might be a second batch?!?!?) I've not needed such, but if/when I do get more having a space like this but bigger will be a good way to integrate the two groups. Yes?

I really like this design. 1) how tall is your table, 2) how much clearance is there in the bottom, between the floor and the bottom of your nest boxes? Enough room for a starter brooder?

The shelf starts at about 40inchs and from the floor to the bottom of that 2x3 on the nest box is 20in. It will be a little less once I put the black wash tubs back in when they are ready to lay.

If I don't make a brooder I'll probably just put my 50gal Rubbermaid stock tank in that open corner.

I really like the design of your hospital etc room. Good for " time out" as I call it. Thank goodness with my first nine ( did I say that: as if there might be a second batch?!?!?) I've not needed such, but if/when I do get more having a space like this but bigger will be a good way to integrate the two groups. Yes?
I agree that that would be a good way for them to meet each other, yes.

I told someone here I would send picture of my poop hammock
. Problem is it wont upload, i took the pic with my phone and the website keeps saying it's too big. Anyone have a suggestions to make it work?

Back
Top Bottom