poop board

Quote:
If it is possible to use a deep litter in your coop, then you wouldn't need a poop board at all.

However, If that's not possible, I would suggest taking a look at WHERE the majority of the poop is falling and place your poop board accordingly.

Another idea is to use a plastic poop board or boot tray and spray it with a PAM spray to make clean up easier.

See what works best for your situation.

smile.png

well that is what I did, looked under the roost at all the poop and put in a poop board!
I'd rather clean the board even every day than go through lots of pine shavings, we can still have deep shavings they just won't be so dirty.
love.gif

I won't use Pam spray that would be gross in my opinion, dirt/dust/ feathers stuck in it
sickbyc.gif
and if one of the girls walked on it and slid she could break something or get splay leg.... I wouldn't do it!

Quote:
I do use the deep litter method but I also like my poop boards,it does cut down on the hummidity some in the coop in the cold weather.My food and water has aslways been in the coop,but I do keep waters outside in the summer to.I would be afraid that if I left food outside it would entice coons and other wild animals or it would mold.Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom