Poop on hatching egg

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
I made a DIY incubator, mainly as an experiment (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/949818/my-basic-diy-incubator) and placed six eggs in it.
One of the eggs has a smudge of poop on one side. I didn't think much of it, as it's not that much and really doesn't smell "poopy".
Some people say that it won't effect it, some people said that they would throw eggs with poop on them out. Then again, I haven't found too much information on it.
Could it be possible for it to develop?
Thanks in advance!

Leave it in. What is the worst that can happen. If you throw it out, then what do you gain???????? If peeps are telling you that some sort of bad disease may develop, well think in this way..... When chickens go broody and sit on eggs and they hatch, do you think that your broody hen gets herself sterilized so there is no trace of bacteria ????
THINK POSITIVE AND BE HAPPY
jumpy.gif

Leave it in. What is the worst that can happen. If you throw it out, then what do you gain???????? If peeps are telling you that some sort of bad disease may develop, well think in this way..... When chickens go broody and sit on eggs and they hatch, do you think that your broody hen gets herself sterilized so there is no trace of bacteria ????
THINK POSITIVE AND BE HAPPY
jumpy.gif
Thank you! ^.^

Back
Top Bottom