Poop pics...normal??

Kirstie1978

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 22, 2010
I currently have these guys on flubenvet (3 of them as one stopped eating and had to go to the vet where she's an inpatient currently after starting flubenvet) I believe these are normal poops, but just after clarification and hopefully might help some others too! I do have a warren chick that only seems to eat mash and won't eat pellets, she is very skinny (she was the chick who came to me with worms) so any suggestions why she is not eating would be great too and what I can do to help her gain weight etc muchly appreciated! They finish flubenvet first course in a couple of days then back to normal.
The bottom pic is the bloody looking poop In the stones once picked up.

Last edited:
There looks to be quite a bit of blood or intestinal shed in those droppings. Depending on the age of the birds I would consider treating them for possible coccidosis with amprollium (Corid, Coxoid, Amprol.) Did your vet test the stools for coccidia? Other reassons for blood in the droppings is capillary worms or enteritis. If your chicken is not eating, hunched in posture, lethargic, and having those droppings, then coccidia could be the problem. Here is an article about coccidiosis:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/coccidiosis-what-backyard-chicken.html

Many thanks for that info. I have spoken to the vet. The 3 chickens (2 older and 2 chicks) are fine within themselves and the ones who made the above photos. The one who is now just back from the vet was the one who suddenly went lethargic and stopped eating. At great expense we have done a full set of tests on her poop and are awaiting the results. The skinny warren chick is the one who had a confirmed case of worms and the reason all the others have been treated. I am wondering if the polish ending up poorly was perhaps due to the flubenvet treatment? The vet stopped that and she is indoors currently and now not being tube fed and appears to be on the mend with no obvious diagnosis as to why she went downhill (we are waiting still on poop sample results)
I will monitor the other poops but so far today there have not been any bloody poops

Back
Top Bottom