Poop pictures! Intestinal lining about 7 weeks.

Lochloosachicks

Songster
Jul 2, 2017
These chicks have been pooping this on and off since I brought them home. They are about 7 weeks and I've had them about 3-4 of those. I've had them on antibiotics SMZ for what seemed to be a respiratory thing. One is still sneezing, I've been dosing seperatley.
Why would they be shedding lining at this age? They do not act sick at all, which seems to be a
Major symptom of cocci. It stopped for a while (maybe while on antibiotics?) it seems to have started again.
If it were something like cocci would that cause sneezing too? Shouldn't they be sicker?
I have 17 older birds and haven't had any of the issues I have had with these girls.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    639 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    613.4 KB · Views: 17
If they were vaccinated they will not show signs of being sick but they will be carriers. You need to be treating them for it with Corid.
Sometimes I have had birds molt at different ages but around 7 week seems to be the time when they start getting mature feathers and lose all of there chick fluff

I don't think they were vaccinated. This is the corid I have. Is it right and how do I dose?

Would cocci cause the sneezing? And is that the reason they would be shedding lining, if that's what that is.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.PNG
    IMG_2086.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
I would treat them with the "severe" dose.
For 7 days. I can't see what your percentage is but here ya go:

The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon.
The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon.

The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon.
The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid liquid is 1 teaspoon.

The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons
The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid liquid is 2 teaspoon.

I read on another backyard post (coccidiosis & how to treat it) that I could dose 9.5cc of the 9.6% in a gallon of water. I've gone everywhere and I can't find the other. That was assuming it was one bird, but water didn't need to be changed daily. I assume I'll keep it the same, but refill water more often for 7 birds.
After reading that I'm thinking that the reason the new chicks are showing symptoms and my big girls aren't is because these babies were raised inside until 4/5 weeks and I started introducing my others to the yard within the first week of life. I guess they naturally build an immunity to it that way. I hope. This is the oldest I've ever bought chickens.

Back
Top Bottom