Pooping on the porch!!!

Not only do they sit on the back step, they will peck the door until I open it to give them their treat, LOL!

Puddy, my EE roo actually followed me in one day a couple of weeks ago. I gave him his goody and sent him on his way. The next thing I knew, the whole flock was either in my kitchen or standing in the doorway.

I've kept the door shut since then. I cant handle chickens free ranging in my house, LOL!

Yep treats are what they live for. My Hens try to get in the slider door when the door is closed. Especially when they hear the cheese drawer open and close, they love Weight Watchers string cheese.

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

OH, I know what y'all mean! I just pressure washed and stained my front porch this past summer. It looks marvelous, so I don't want ANY poop on it! Well, last month, DH and I were eating dinner in the living room, and the windows were open because it was a beautiful day, and Dave says "Look, we've got visitors!"

23665_porchturkeys.jpg

23665_rpporch.jpg

My two turkeys came and looked in the window, as if to say, "Hey, come outside and give us our corn treat!" I didn't dare feed them on the porch though.....I don't want them to start hanging out there and pooping all over my newly stained porch! LOL

I did think it was cute though.....

Dear oh dear... funniest thread ever!!! Hubby just coughed on his dinner when I showed him one of the pics!!!!

whoever said "Our chickens idea of free range is hanging out on the back porch" said it spot on. That's exactly what ours are like! We have to hose the place down every single day, and it still gets in a mess after about an hour :)

Back
Top Bottom