Poopy chickens? NOT pasty butt

alannamanderson

Hatching
May 5, 2020
First year crazy chicken lady here. Though I have learned a lot from working at a feed and farm store and growing up around farms. I still have a lot to learn.

For instance: Somehow, my black Australorp got under one of my other girls while they were having a rather watter-y movement and is now covered from neck to saddle with crusty poo. As I'm worried about flies finding this to be an egg-ceslent breading ground. I'm wondering the best way to take care of this without potentially drowning my now 10 week old pullet.

Hi, @alannamanderson welcome :welcome. Be sure to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Other than suggesting you mix a little Dawn dish soap in a bowl of warm water and using that to help deal with this unfortunate mess, I have nothing to offer. Oh, and dry the chick with a hair dryer set on low, waving it quickly from side to side rather than holding it directly in one spot. They get used to it very quickly and actually seem to like it. Good luck and enjoy your chickies!

Back
Top Bottom