Poor George Graphic

caf.gif

He's coming along nicely. While he's not using the leg, I noticed him 'pegging' it. He most likely has nerve/tendon damage and will never walk normally again, but he can get around. Right now he's admiring himself in the mirror.

Thanks for asking!

Aw he will walk on both feet again just give him time, i had an injured 1 legged guinea for a months then one day he started using the other leg and little by little he got better till i could not tell which one in the flock had been injured in the first plavce

Well, George is out of the hospital and in his new digs. He's not happy, either. At first he thought he could fly away only to find wire in his way. He is so disappointed his free range ways are no longer available. He has plenty of room but he's not happy. So I put Stan with him but they didn't seem happy with each other. Eventually, I'll have to find a buddy for him.

It's difficult domesticating a 'George'. Just ask the Princess - she's been working at it 48 + years and I'm still a work in progress.

Glad that my namesake is doing better. Good job on your part.
clap.gif

I just saw this and have to say that it's an amazing story! I don't know if I could have done what you did. I always say that if you listen to your heart, the critters will tell you if they want to stay and fight. It sounds like George told you and you listened... Great job!!

Glad to hear he is outside again. I'm sure that even though he seems unhappy at being penned, he has to be happy to be back outside at all again. Thanks for the update!

Glad he is doing good.
clap.gif

I feel sorry for him, i want to rehome 3 of my males and i can't bring myself to place the add cause the thought of them being put in a pen when they hase been free all their lives tugs at my heart strings so i may just end up keeping them, wished there was a way to fix peafowl cause i really only want to bred ,splits, whites and pieds togeather for a better chance of different colors.
Oh well
th.gif

George is much better today. He's busy admiring himself in the mirror, and chasing wasps that enter his domain. He's always been a wasp eater, is that normal for a peacock?

Back
Top Bottom