1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poor Hank! Stung by a bee! With pics...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I came home early from work because I have a pounding migraine and found Hank like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hubby is home today and didn't notice. LOL He was cleaning the screens and spraying wasps and bees--so Hank must have gotten way too close to one! I pulled the stinger out which was still stuck in his lip. I gave him some ice (to lick/eat) and he's drinking water. I called the vet and they said to give him a Benadryl, which I did...he's now working on a "Pupsicle" Frosty Paws thing...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

Hubby was saying how Hank is going to cost us a lot of $$$, LOL....

Poor Hank....between the cat litter and everything else--he's got his neutering appointment & rabies vaccine on Monday morning, too!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    OUCH...poor guy!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Yeah...the swelling is already going down on one part (the front) of his face--but it's the same towards the back--so I'm wondering if there's another stinger in there, still....

5. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Maybe it was a bee ?
    Wasps dont lose their stingers when then sting you its only bees .

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Must have been, then? I just saw a bunch of wasps around since hubby was spraying their nests...Hank is asleep now and the swelling seems to be little bit better

7. cheri222

cheri222 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Erie PA
    Hank is a pretty boy, what is he?

8. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    My dog got stung by a bee once and his whole face swelled up. I called the vet and they said to give him Benedryll .

9. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    My Beagle Jypsy always swells up like that when she gets stung, we keep childrens benadryl on hand for her....
    She got stung on the muzzle once and her whole mouth and nose were huge! She looked like a cartoon! It always goes away by the next day though.
    I think it really hurts, at least she acts like it does, but she's an awful baby and really hams anything like that up.......
    Poor guy! He'll be fine though:)

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:He's an odd-colored ACD (Australian Cattle Dog) aka blue heeler.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by