Poorly duck?? First time duck mom not sure if this is a worrying sign!! Help please

Duckiemomxx

Chirping
Feb 2, 2023
4 week old ducky has been doing this quite abit is it a sign of anything worrying? I don’t want to over look- she’s eating fine pooing fine and otherwise seems ok I’ve put the link to watch on YouTube as can’t upload on here.

4 week old ducky has been doing this quite abit is it a sign of anything worrying? I don’t want to over look- she’s eating fine pooing fine and otherwise seems ok I’ve put the link to watch on YouTube as can’t upload on here.

I didn't see anything quite like this with my girls
Didn't have sound on, is she breathing quite hard?
At this age they start getting their feathers in, so their wings can become a little heavier, and droop slightly or shuffle a little bit as they pick them up. But this is quite excessive, I didn't observe this with mine.

Quick question, what do they eat, and do they have water deep enough to dunk their heads in?

@Miss Lydia

How is this duckling acting over all? What exactly is this duckling eating? Is it getting a source of niacin besides its regular feed.
Seems usual self, she’s on growers with brewers yeast and any scraps of veggies / fruits we have & meal worms not sure what’s going on or if it’s anything to worry about

I didn't see anything quite like this with my girls
Didn't have sound on, is she breathing quite hard?
At this age they start getting their feathers in, so their wings can become a little heavier, and droop slightly or shuffle a little bit as they pick them up. But this is quite excessive, I didn't observe this with mine.

Quick question, what do they eat, and do they have water deep enough to dunk their heads in?

@Miss Lydia
She’s breathing hard and fast I think, she’s on growers and I put brewers yeast in then I give them any fruit and veg scraps and meal worms, yes water is deep enough xx

Also what is the temp? Could she possibly be too hot, if you're using any heat still?
Yes she does have grit too sorry missed that off! She’s just came off heat lamp because I thought she was too hot, I’ve put a heat pad in the pen just so she’s got the option if she gets chilly but she hasn’t once used it she’s in the house so it’s not cold nor overly warm the heatings set at 18 usually drops to about 16 over night but her bedding seems to be keeping her warm enough. I’d looked into resp issues but I change the bedding constantly & she hasn’t been out to catch anything so I’m clueless xx

Yes she does have grit too sorry missed that off! She’s just came off heat lamp because I thought she was too hot, I’ve put a heat pad in the pen just so she’s got the option if she gets chilly but she hasn’t once used it she’s in the house so it’s not cold nor overly warm the heatings set at 18 usually drops to about 16 over night but her bedding seems to be keeping her warm enough. I’d looked into resp issues but I change the bedding constantly & she hasn’t been out to catch anything so I’m clueless xx
If they aren't huddling together or showing signs of being cold, then everything sounds okay. I can see you're taking very good care of them, and must care about her a lot!
I tagged someone knowledgeable in my earlier post, so hopefully she sees the thread soon, may have some thoughts on this.
@New duck mommy 2021 is this something you've observed? You've had many more ducklings than I have!

Back
Top Bottom