Possible emergency;

Ahhh so that's why I didn't see it! It doesn't seem to be on the Canadian website, for who knows what reason.
They do have this one... https://madbarn.ca/feeds/b-vitamin-pak-mad-barn/
That dose make it hard. So I looked up your gov and regs. Who knew. Can you go to your local feed store go into the horse Isle and check out a few labels. When you read what vitamins there covering remember you will only be feeding (? pounds of goose to 900 pounds of horse) I have 30 geese and feed as if 1 horse.

Ahhh so that's why I didn't see it! It doesn't seem to be on the Canadian website, for who knows what reason.
They do have this one... https://madbarn.ca/feeds/b-vitamin-pak-mad-barn/
@JRies Why does that dose make it hard? Is the ratio between types of vitamins off?

@Moonrisemama If you need to give your goose 300mg that means you need to give about 5grams a day of this mad barn b-vitamin pack just based off niacin (300/59400*1000). I have no idea if the dosage for the other types of b-vitamins would be appropriate though.

It's a pitty most of the vitamin and supplements that are available in the USA are near impossible to find in Canada. They seem so much easier to get into our birds...

If you need to continue with pills, crushed vitamin pills was easiest for me to give first thing in the morning, mixed with a bit of soaked feed - assuming you can take away your goose's food overnight so it's hungry in the morning and will gulp it all up (hopefully). Might be worth a try!

It was too much hassle and I eventually switched to nutritional yeast (in part because none of my local stores had any vitamin b supplements in stock...) Nutritional yeast would require about 3 tablespoons a day, and it's not cheap. A container of a bit over a kilo cost me a bit more than this horse supplement, and it may last about 2 month (My 3 ducks needed about as much per day as your one goose) vs. the horse vitamin pack linked would last about 6 month maybe?

I think it's worth a try getting that horse supplement, definitely the cheaper option for a long term supplement - assuming you can find it in your rural area or have it shipped to you. If they ship to my middle of nowhere village, I'll most likely give that a try, have been looking for something like that a while now.

Hope your goose gets better!

She had hopped out of her bed this morning and was very happy to see me this morning! Still *of course* not up and about - but she is lively and not acting out of sorts (besides not being able to stand well) shes loud and goosey! I got almost all of the b vitamins into her with a syringe and I'm thinking I'll put the rest into her feed with the niacin. Shes happy to eat and hungry, so I feel these are all good signs?

I will definitely be looking into the horse supplement as a long term thing, but also going to search around and see if there is some kind of supplement available for geese and waterfowl in Canada - sometimes I am surprised. Sometimes it is EXTRA annoying though and nothing of similarities is...

@Goosebaby @JRies
So good news!! She's been wading in her pool most of the day - but she has also been standing and flapping about and also standing and preening! She isn't walking.. But I do see this as a good thing! I am going to go and take her out to relax outside in the grass in a bit here I think, allow her to eat some more and eat at the long grass too.

She's back down relaxing now, definitely while walking is walking like a drunken sailor but, that gives me hope!!!

She's Yellow from b vitamins ps

Attachments

• PXL_20231117_225454623.jpg
    PXL_20231117_225454623.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20231117_225503673.jpg
    PXL_20231117_225503673.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom