Possible hurt hen

sasha0440

Hatching
Jul 1, 2023
Hello everyone. I need some advice. Today I came home to find my hen laying in the coop. She can’t stand up all the way or walk. Her toes are curled and she won’t straighten them. She won’t let me straighten them either. She is eating and drinking normally now that I have given her food and water. I started giving her Nutri Drench. Any advice on what could be wrong is appreciated. I tried calling vets but the only two open will not see chickens. 😔

I'm so sorry about your hen. :hugs

What's her diet? Are any others acting like her? How's your weather? Could you get a picture of her?

I'd give her vitamin E 400IU, 1/3 of a B complex tablet, and eggs for selenium. Give all that once a day.

Hello everyone. I need some advice. Today I came home to find my hen laying in the coop. She can’t stand up all the way or walk. Her toes are curled and she won’t straighten them. She won’t let me straighten them either. She is eating and drinking normally now that I have given her food and water. I started giving her Nutri Drench. Any advice on what could be wrong is appreciated. I tried calling vets but the only two open will not see chickens. 😔

Also, it's not a matter of letting you straighten the toes, there is pressure on her sciatic nerve and they will not straighten. You'll have to buy a set of doggy shoes and modify them to hold the toes straight and help her walk.

Back
Top Bottom