Possible scorpion poisoning/paralyzed hens

I just wish I knew what it was to prevent any future issues. So is it only if a scorpion stings them they can be toxic? If they were poisonous and ate them is that okay?

Y
I just wish I knew what it was to prevent any future issues. So is it only if a scorpion stings them they can be toxic? If they were poisonous and ate them is that okay?
Yes, I looked it up, because "Google is always right;)" it said they can safely eat them. Could they have tried to kill the scorpion, and got stung, and then they killed it and ate it?

Y

Yes, I looked it up, because "Google is always right;)" it said they can safely eat them. Could they have tried to kill the scorpion, and got stung, and then they killed it and ate it?

I watched her eat one today, was going to stop her and my fiancé said it was fine lol. She first pecked it a few times until it stopped moving then she ate it. These two follow each other around the yard everywhere so whatever they got into ofc they both got.

Just unsure if I should be giving her molasses or if that would harm her more than she is already, or possibly make the vitamins in her water pointless. She is still really weak and can not really hold her head up.

Molasses is harmless. It just stimulates the chicken to move material through the intestines at a quicker pace to lessen the absorption of harmful substances. The goal is to get the poison moved down and out before it can be circulated into the bloodstream.

Molasses is a by-product of refining raw sugar. All the good stuff in sugar is in the molasses.

Molasses is harmless. It just stimulates the chicken to move material through the intestines at a quicker pace to lessen the absorption of harmful substances. The goal is to get the poison moved down and out before it can be circulated into the bloodstream.

Molasses is a by-product of refining raw sugar. All the good stuff in sugar is in the molasses.

Ok thank you

The problem with poisonous stings is that we are dealing with a systemic reaction, not something eaten that is working its way through the digestive system. Poison antidotes won't work, as my poor little chicks demonstrated.

Your chickens seems to be reacting much as my chicks did. One went in and out of consciousness, and she ended up convulsing, after which I euthanized her. The other seemed to respond to the poison antidotes. By the second day, she was, worse, third day, much worse, and I euthanized her then.

Back
Top Bottom