Possible sick hen with green/yellow poop

CCsGarden

Happy Easter! Resurrexit Sicut Dixit, Alleluia!
Premium Feather Member
Apr 23, 2023
I have a one year old dominique hen who has been acting off. We think it is because she is molting but I want to see what you all think it is.

She is sleeping a lot and sleep standing.
Earlier did not want free range so she sat on my lap and slept.

This morning and yesterday she did not want to eat the feed. Only cooked oats , scramble egg and some lettuce.

She is 1 year and eats New country organics layer feed with occasional treats.
She has not been laying eggs due to molting.

What can be causing this?
Her poop is bright yellow and green.

Note: she was like this yesterday.
Is their anything else I can do for her?
I'm giving her Apple cider vinegar.
And the coop is clean and they always have fresh clean water.
20231204_154638-COLLAGE.jpg

PXL_20231204_192512137.jpg

You can see her sleep standing while her sisters are playing.

The yellow urates in her droppings are usually do to a liver issue, and could be caused by egg yolk peritonitis, fatty liver disease, cancer, or ascites (water belly.) Does her lower belly under her vent seem enlarged or full of fluid? I would encourage her to eat some higher protein snacks such as cooked egg or tuna in addition to her usual feed, while she is molting.

The yellow urates in her droppings are usually do to a liver issue, and could be caused by egg yolk peritonitis, fatty liver disease, cancer, or ascites (water belly.) Does her lower belly under her vent seem enlarged or full of fluid? I would encourage her to eat some higher protein snacks such as cooked egg or tuna in addition to her usual feed, while she is molting.
Her lower Belly has no fluid.
She ate cooked egg and drank water.
Thank you!

Green-ish usually means liver issues and it's serious/fatal, but if she is doing better it must have been something else and temporary. Mayhe she had eaten something she shouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom