Possible sprain?!

4Duckssofar

Chirping
Apr 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a 10 week old Aylesbury duck who has (I think) sprained her leg. She is limping quite badly and has been for about a week now. Don’t think it’s broken as she doesn’t look in pain and is happy for me to touch it and is acting normally other than the limp. I’ve separated her from the rest of the ducks and she has fresh water constantly and food. I have been giving her 100mg vitamin b complex a day, is this enough? I have also let her swim in the bath twice daily which she loves.

I saw that I should maybe let her swim in lukewarm water but the problem is she is a heavy breed and I don’t want her over heating, could this happen?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated x

Warm water is best because muscles relax instead of tightening up due to cold water. Usually Rest along with water therapy and the B complex should help. Looks like your doing all you can. It just takes time for sprains to heal. Hopefully, she can still see her family, which is important too.

Warm water is best because muscles relax instead of tightening up due to cold water. Usually Rest along with water therapy and the B complex should help. Looks like your doing all you can. It just takes time for sprains to heal. Hopefully, she can still see her family, which is important too.
Ok thank you, I’ll let her have a paddle about in warm water. I’ve bought some aspirin 75mg, shall I give her one in her water or crushed over food? What do you think? She can see the rest of the family so she’s very content in her own little space (I’ve posted a pic).

Attachments

• 8F62C514-7766-4A57-B8A8-3572ABF478C9.jpeg
    8F62C514-7766-4A57-B8A8-3572ABF478C9.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom