Possibly egg bound chicken

Rhipp

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
One of my hens is displaying signs of being egg bound, but I cant see or feel an egg . I have been trying the hot water soaks and massages , and putting ky on the vent but no egg yet. Is thete anymore advise someone can give me. It would be appreciated.

have you tried giving a calcium pill? human calcium will work or an injection of calcium. sometimes you can find calcium for injection in the feed store
but human calcium pill will work. the calcium stimulates the muscles for contraction to help pass the egg. I think this will help a lot. keep us posted please.

I have her in one of our unused bathrooms , I gave her some natural yogurt she ate it up and enjoyed the bath but still seems.to be straing , she is still pooping good, I just cant feel ne buldges in her abdomen or ne thing that feels like a egg, just ruffled feathers and her vent keeps pulsating.

She stayed in the nest box all day yesterday and last nite. When I got home from work today she was just standind in her coop all ruffled up and appeared to be straing to go. She ran outside in the run when I tried to pick het up, at first she just didnt want to b bothered.

Back
Top Bottom