Possum!

I had a possum many years ago before I had electric wire around my coops and pens dig under a fence and kill a bird. I put a trap out there and caught it the next night. I had left the body out to see what would show up. Another time I had chunks of rat bait disappearing in the barn. I put up a camera to see what was taking the bait and after some research found they are immune to the rat poison.
DSCF00051012 02.jpg

IMG_2934.JPG

Got him! on the trail cam he spends the entire night under the brooder even as I walk past it. I was setting the trap and he was right next it but I could not see him. When ever I get down to look under the brooder he runs out the other side and hides so I never see him other than on the Trail Cam. My cat never told me! Not sure where he goes during the day but he spent his nights under that brooder looking for spilt feed. Going to be sweeping under that brooder more often. Trail Cam and trap will be set up again. I found dry cat food works the best, Wet Cat Food or discarded chickens parts seems to lure Animals in from far, dry Cat food just catches the ones that are already in the area.

Back
Top Bottom