post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

these are my little guys i haven't had them very long so i have them in with my baby chicks right now this is temp. for both the ducks and chickens of course until thier new home is finished. 2 pekins 2rouens and 2 cayugas not very sure as of yet how im going to tell them apart when they get older the 2 cayugas are the only pairs that have sort of different features one is a brownish color the other is darker in color maybe this will change as they mature?
Well eventually the girls will have a Very loud quack and the boys will sound like they have a cold kinda raspy and the boys will get the tell tell drake feather. and your girls will lay and egg
wink.png

they sure are cute.
love.gif

I don't know if you guys are ready for this much cuteness but here it goes....
love.gif
Babies came this morning and are boisterous as ever! Meet Willow and Ivy!

Ivy is the fawn and white Runner
Willow is the black

I can't get over HOW FREAKIN' CUUUUTE!!! They are and how tiny....when I got Paul, my Pekin this past spring he was probably twice one of their sizes...probably because he was a larger breed...I'm SOOOO excited! They already follow me around! They must be no more than a few days and already they are fine outside, but it has been in the 90's here

I don't know if you guys are ready for this much cuteness but here it goes....
love.gif
Babies came this morning and are boisterous as ever! Meet Willow and Ivy!

Ivy is the fawn and white Runner
Willow is the black

I can't get over HOW FREAKIN' CUUUUTE!!! They are and how tiny....when I got Paul, my Pekin this past spring he was probably twice one of their sizes...probably because he was a larger breed...I'm SOOOO excited! They already follow me around! They must be no more than a few days and already they are fine outside, but it has been in the 90's here
Oh my goodness adorable
love.gif

Thank you Miss Lydia! They are so needy lol, they cry if I put them in the box, they are already following me around....guess diapers are going to be a good idea!

your so lucky to have ducklings that follow you around! mine dont and i have had them for 4 days now (not that long) but im like out there evryday holding them and they sleep on my lap and i feed and water them and everything! but they still dont follow me around! i even give them treats!

your so lucky to have ducklings that follow you around! mine dont and i have had them for 4 days now (not that long) but im like out there evryday holding them and they sleep on my lap and i feed and water them and everything! but they still dont follow me around! i even give them treats!
My ducks are two months old and they still don't let me cuddle and hold them. They quack when I come out to the yard but that's only because they want to go running with the chickens instead of in their area. I just want my duckies to love me too. Lol:lol:

If they are older than a few days when you get them it is very likely that they have already imprinted on something else, even though you are their new owner. I heard that waterfowl need to imprint within a few days. I'm no expert, just what I've heard. Also, if you have raised them with other poultry like chickens it is likely that they have imprinted on their broodmates, not you. That happened with my first duck, Paul because I raised him with the chickens. He was always friendly enough but he stuck close to them. I think it also helps when you have an extra small number, like I only have 2 girls. ducky219502, it sounds like they are pretty friendly with you if they nap with ya! It is cute that they follow though, I wasn't expecting it!

Back
Top Bottom