post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Call ducklings and tufted roman gosling
smile.png

Too cute!

BTW it probably will not mean much to you but i got my ducks at Birds and Pets for Africa, I suppose you are wondering, I live in South Africa. That is also why the ducks have no pen, we don't have foxes and racoons and duck predators here really. I live in an urban area, so there are cats, but the ducks don't mind them.

Too cute!

BTW it probably will not mean much to you but i got my ducks at Birds and Pets for Africa, I suppose you are wondering, I live in South Africa. That is also why the ducks have no pen, we don't have foxes and racoons and duck predators here really. I live in an urban area, so there are cats, but the ducks don't mind them.

How nice! Are there no eagles or hawks either? That would be wonderful.

They are beautiful PD! Welcome to duckies & BYC from California,U.S!
frow.gif

Too cute!

Very nice pictures everyone!!! Preattyduck Wow Africa that is a long ways away I have family that is in Kenya for a while, and you are very luck to have virtually no predators where you are and you actually get sunshine here in NW Oregon we get grey clouds and rain

ThanksFor the pictures every one
love all the call ducks and the mallard hen with the baby

Last edited:
How nice! Are there no eagles or hawks either? That would be wonderful.

there are plenty, but not many where we live. The Ruddy Shelducks are also larger than most ducks, so there is no danger from hawks and eagles. To be honest though, none of the (quite few) ducks kept here in South Africa have enclosures with mesh roofs, or any roofs for that matter. It doesn't snow or anything here either, so care is pretty easy.

@cat1994, those waterfowl (the gees especially) are beautiful! nice pics too.

@poultry09, yup, nice and sunny!
celebrate.gif

Here are my guys. Raised them all from ducklings. Not sure what kind of ducks they are, but I love them anyway. Also lots of delicious eggs!

Back
Top Bottom