post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

My very awesome hubby made our ducks a duck pond on Sunday!
He used our tree spade, which digs a cone shaped 3' by 3' hole. He had to dig out a little by hand, but only to open up the bottom a little.

The ducks, waiting [not so] patiently, for the water to come up enough.
"Now, Momma? Can we get it now?!"

And the final product. You can tell it's brand new because there's grass!!

They're all tuckered out from swimming and diving. :)

Wow!! That's wonderful!!
big_smile.png
Love the island in the middle.

Wow, cecosugi! You have a great husband (and a lovely new pond).

I was struck by how different your soil is from mine. We don't have quite so much clay, but we've got a thousand times more rocks (and they breed!
rant.gif
)

My very awesome hubby made our ducks a duck pond on Sunday!
He used our tree spade, which digs a cone shaped 3' by 3' hole. He had to dig out a little by hand, but only to open up the bottom a little.

The ducks, waiting [not so] patiently, for the water to come up enough.
"Now, Momma? Can we get it now?!"

And the final product. You can tell it's brand new because there's grass!!

They're all tuckered out from swimming and diving. :)

droolin.gif
Beautiful! I need to show hubby these pics. He keeps digging out the ducks mudpit and making it bigger, he might as well just dig out a pretty pond.

Thanks for the lovely comments. I feel so much better about their life, now. Last night when I got home from work, I let them out of their day pen, and they went RUNNING to the pond. They were splashin' and divin'. It was quite the little par-tay.

I picked up some water lettuce on the way home, but they're still scared of it. Once they figure out they can eat it, I'm sure I'll be stopping on the way home every night, to replenish their supply.

The island was hubby's idea. I think it's hilarious that he keeps looking at it and muttering about how it's not even. He actually asked me how he was going to mow the island. LOL, don't worry about it, honey. Grass. Won't. Be. A. Problem.
wink.png

Tahai--we have the most dreadful clay soil. If my husband wasn't such a meticulous grass guy, I'm sure our lawn would look horrible. And where we don't have clay, we have rocks. The NEXT pond (hee hee, hubby doesn't know yet) is going in a place that I'm quite sure we will hit rock. But I'm going to try anyway, because it's got great water shed. His next project will be to build a duck house by the new pond (the one that isn't on his radar yet). Poor guy is going to be busy for years....

I love the little waiting duckies pic!

Yeah, that was so funny. They went all around the pond, reaching down with their bills to see if it was any closer. There are a couple of places where it's sloped, so they could have walked down, but they ignored those and ended up jumping right off the side.

Back
Top Bottom