Post if you have chicks right now and/or waiting for some.

On May 1st (55 days from today....March 7)
I will be getting.......
10 Bantam Buff Cochins
10 Buff silkies
10 bantam buff brahmas
5 buff orpington ducks
5 exchequer leghorns
i cant wait !!!!!
smile.png

The banatm Buttercup eggs finally arrived!
big_smile.png

Got to let them warm and settle, then pop em in the bator and my Spring chicking is complete!

RAH RAH! Go Team Chicken!
lol.png

McMurray order sent to me today, can't wait for the phone call from the post office!

Standards and Bantams plus some for a friend total about 40 chicks!

I have my cell phone in my pocket, could call tonight, tommorow...two years ago I went to the post office on Sunday and they were there but no one called me. This time I did talk to someone that is working this weekend and gave them a heads up to call me anytime!

Mine have been here since 2/25! Here is a pic of one of my little Buff Orpington pullets. I also got Barred Rocks, EEs, Australorps, and RIRs. Then a few days later I went to the feed store and somehow came home with two more baby peeps!

22131_day2_026.jpg

Well they came today, they were to be here the week of the 9th, but the post office called this morning and I went this afternoon to get them. All of them were doing great. I got them from McMurray Hatchery, I think that there was one error, and that is that I ordered 8 Female Black Australorps and 1 Male, but according to the order form I received 6 Females Australorps and 4 Male Australorps:barnie, along with the others. Anyway it is a game of keeping the temperature at 95, yikes. I will send pictures maybe tomorrow and maybe someone can tell me what my "Exotic Chick" is. A great day with the little peeps:D

20 days ago I took 3 eggs from under a broody pullet and placed them in the incubator, because we were going through a bitter cold spell. That same day, I found an "unknown" egg on the coop floor and popped it in the bator too.
The broody eggs did get too cold. One died before it could hatch. 2 stopped developing. The "unknown", lived on and now we have a chick! Not sure if it is a Serama or a mutt. The egg was definitley not a Serama, and I don't think our cochin girl is breedable yet. (a mating issue). That leaves a Vorwerk or a mutt i.e. a vorwerk/serama. Won't know for awhile I reckon. Sure is a cute little thing with big feet!
big_smile.png

15765_camera_003.jpg

I have 5 right now (2-wk olds), and am getting 30 barred silver meat birds possibly tomorrow, and 22 layers next week (well, 37 cuz I'm raising some for someone else too). I will actually have
6 BAs, 6 EEs, 6 Delawares & 4 blue silkies in addition to the 4 buffs and 1 RIR I have right now.

I also have 6 adult hens (3 RIRs and 3 SLWs)

Back
Top Bottom