Post if you have chicks right now and/or waiting for some.

My chickies are scheduled to ship this Monday..

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Just ordered from MPC yesterday and JUST got a shipping date of May 4th for our first little backyard flock. We ordered:
1 black australorp
1 delaware
1 buff orp
2 EEs

All girlies, as we're in the city and no roosters allowed. I am super excited, even though we have almost 2 months to wait. Plenty of time to do even more research and get everything ready for them though! This is my first post on here and I imagine there will be many more in the coming months!

Oh my goodness here goes,

I have a little over 100 eggs in the bator starting to hatch today. I have a cackle order with 5 EE pullets, 5 NN pullets, 5 Naragnessett turkeys, 6 Sweedish ducks, 6 Toulouse goslings Due to be deliverd end of April, Then from Ideal I have 13 Buff brahmas, 13 Black austroplorps and 12 lavender silkies due end of April. And I just bought 25 st run speckled sussex from Double R off egg bid, no shipping date yet. And will be geting 25 st run Buckeyes from anouther BYC member end of April. I also am about to get 12 midget white turkey eggs and a doz toulouse eggs that will be shipped this months once my bators are empty.

I tell ya you all have me extreamly addicted, Oh and lets not forget my feed store chicks, RIR and BR, 8 of them about 3 weeks old.

Cant forget, Also geting a couple pairs of Texan Pioneer Pigeons from anouther BYC member probly end on MAy!

I am soooo done here....well at least for now
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Let's see......I have 1 tophatter rooster, 2 welsummer hens, 2 five week old EE, 7 three week old chicks (3whitrocks 1 partridge rock 1 barred rock 2 EE) and just recieved a shipment of 63 chicks on Monday ( laying assorments from McMurray!!

NO .....I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!
lol.png

I have chicks right now and am also waiting for the next batch to come in to my local feed store. Here's what I've got in the brooder:

2 BA, 2 EE, 2 SLW, 2 LB, 2 RIR, 2 Doms, and 2 BO.

I've got a similar order coming in on the 18th. Yay! Fuzz butt city at my house! Now I just hope I can get the new brooder built in time so they don't have to have some ghetto-box set-up.
gig.gif

I have 10 little EE chicks, 9-10 days old, 11 Buckeyes eggs in the bator (due this weekend), 14 EE in the bator (due the end of the month). I am hoping to end the summer with about 20-25 pullets/hens. I have 4 hens/2 pullets now. 3 Roos but am going to down size them to 1. At the end of the month I am putting my bator away. Any more eggs will be hatched by my hens.

I am waiting and waiting for TSC to get their chicks in. They were supposed to be here today. I'm also getting some chicks from a local farm this weekend, and I'm getting a few chicks from an order a fellow BYC member placed that's due next week.

I think all in all I'll get 2 EE's, 2 Polish, 1 Crevecoeur, 1 Buttercup, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Cochin, hoping to find Houdans, and then 5 chicks from the assortment Sugarbush ordered. Then I must cut myself off, because I live in a suburb and I already have 12 chickens out in my yard.
hide.gif

Last edited:
i am new to the chicken business. i have wanted them since i was in 3rd grade (now i am 31). so...i am excited. i am building a coop - chicken tractor with my father-in-laws help. people think i am crazy and neat for doing this. i have 3.3 acres in central indiana and i grew up in the seed (corn/soybean) industry - but most people think i am a 'city girl' - so me getting chickens is funny to most.

anyway - my list:
i started out only wanting 3...well, that has changed.

2 australorp
2 rhode island red (wanted red star sex link - but couldn't get)
2 campine
2 barred rock
1 easter egger
1 wyandotte - columbian

Back
Top Bottom