Post Phoenix Pics Please

Is this a Phoenix? Or silver duckwing? Or something else??? :rolleyes:

Here are my two new babies. New to the Phoenix breed. Do these look good? Hatched yesterday, 3/16/15. Dark one is black? But does not have black feet. White one has no black spots???

Last edited:

Is this a Phoenix? Or silver duckwing? Or something else???
roll.png

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in, but she doesn't look like my Silver Phoenix hens.

These are Phoenix chicks at about 3 weeks. I don't have earlier pics but they are a kind of chipmonk pattern. You can go on feathersite and look at some pics of them.

Here is one of my girls being broody.

Unfortunately this doesn't show her tail. It is rather long and has a curve to it, not as blunt as yours and also my girls combs are very small.

Hope this gives you a bit of info.
big_smile.png

My Phoenix bantam pair both moulted at 1 1/2 yrs old, is that bad?

I wasn't thinking about the non-molting tail thing. Forgot which thread I was on. My Phoenix are only 7 months so I haven't experienced any molting with them and I think they are from a non molting line so don't know what they will look like if they don't get new feathers at all.
idunno.gif

Here's a pic of my broody white Pheniox. I had to bum a fertile egg from s friend because I don't have a roo. I tried for over a week to break her but her will is strong so I let her go for it!

Back
Top Bottom