Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
I'm not 100% sure what colors I would like to work on. I have 3 Whites from Cy, 4 whites from you (one from last year, and three that are like 2 months old), A silver birchen hen from you, 2 of Cy's Lavender project birds ( a hen and a roo), and a Gold Duckwing from Cy. Oh and I also have 2 black chicks from GypsyChic, idk what they will turn out to be. I definitely want to continue the Lav project, and I ♥ the whites. Black would be cool too
big_smile.png

Krista, I have some nice blacks in bantam, as well as some dun, blue gold, dun silver, silver, lavender, ( normal and barred), bb reds and a few others could get a few blue silvers, birchen, brown reds, or silver gingers off these too. I also am getting tons of eggs off those large fowl Schubert blacks Toni-Marie got for me off her imports if interested in a few large fowl. I would prefer only serious breeders got them.

How well do Pheonix Lay ?

I have a friend that raises some but I think he is exagerating their egg production
hmm.png

My friend says they are very productive,an egg a day, for months strait, But I have read the phoenix are not very productive but more ornamental.

So just wanting to know,

How Good Do They Actually Lay ???

I live in Texas and I would agree with your friend. Mine lay year round about an egg a day and only stop laying when they get broody. However, there are some lines of hatchery birds that have also been known to have leghorn in them, which would make them lay more. The eggs are a medium to small sized egg, but over all they are good layers and make great broodies.

yep Ifully agree. Mine are all bantam, but still get 100- 125 eggs per hen per year. Mine dont lay much in the winter, but from Jan to Nov it's about 1 every 1-2 days, yes unless they have gone broody.

Back
Top Bottom