Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Geez, Bill, kinda put me on the spot here. Yes, chickens do have salivary glands but only a few, like 20 something, so black or cayenne pepper doesn't make their eyes water. LOL I just liberally used crushed red pepper either in scrambled eggs or canned dog food so looks red, best in the cold months since it also seems to stimulate for more eggs. I have also used the Safeguard for goats, got it at TSC. And this fall I did try some Verm-X for 6 months. Different methods and products, since it all seems like a shot in the dark. BUT, no worms in their poop and definitely never have found one in my eggs! Folkes, do any of this at your own perogative.
old.gif
idunno.gif
hide.gif

Geez, Bill, kinda put me on the spot here. Yes, chickens do have salivary glands but only a few, like 20 something, so black or cayenne pepper doesn't make their eyes water. LOL I just liberally used crushed red pepper either in scrambled eggs or canned dog food so looks red, best in the cold months since it also seems to stimulate for more eggs. I have also used the Safeguard for goats, got it at TSC. And this fall I did try some Verm-X for 6 months. Different methods and products, since it all seems like a shot in the dark. BUT, no worms in their poop and definitely never have found one in my eggs! Folkes, do any of this at your own perogative.
old.gif
idunno.gif
hide.gif

LEE

this may scare the worms outta chickens?

Not BATMAN, but

CATMAN!

Last edited:
Sorry for sounding naive, I am new to keeping chickens - what is a splash cockerel?

Andalusian blue, the type of blue that most breeds are, is a dilution gene. One copy of the gene dilutes black pigment to dark grey (or blue as it is called). Two copies of the gene dilutes black to very light grey, often almost white, with patches (or "splashes") of dark grey. This color is known as splash.

Back
Top Bottom