Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Quote:
I did not have them vaccinated. They have been happy and healthy but someone several posts up losts many of his chickens to Marek's after Ideal recommending not to if you were a small flock.

Quote:
i did not vaccinate for marek's, and had great results but if i ever ordered more i would, i have learned a lot about marek's sense i ordered

32462_chicks2_294.jpg

partridge silkie from ideal

32462_chicks2_291.jpg

welsummer from ideal

32462_chicks2_295.jpg

favorelle roo from ideal

32462_chicks2_288.jpg

salmon favorelle pullet from ideal

32462_chicks2_287.jpg

barred rock pullet from ideal

they are about 13 weeks old now

one of the salmon favorelle pullets face (beak) is disfigured. I haven't culled her yet b/c for one i'm putting it off and she's gaining weight and growing. I've noticed recently a few of the others kind of picking at her so I will probly have to do it eventually. I had some buff silkies that were not very pretty and 2 other partridge silkies, one was a roo and the other had some growth issues, she finally started developing normally and I sold her along with the roo. I'm pretty happy with all of them so far(other than crooked beak)...the favorelle roo is such a BABY, he's beautiful.

Quote:
HMMM sounds like some of the junk I have gotten from private breeders after spending a fortune. Like the white skinned, single combed, and one foot only four toes from a highly recommended breeder. Fun.

Sorry I can't find a photo that shows this, but the Speckled Sussex I got from Ideal are definitely smaller and not as nicely colored (too much white) or shaped as well as those I got from Cackle hatchery last summer. They are very sweet and healthy, so I'm happy with them, no eggs yet so I don't know if I'll see production differences.

Dark Brahma
23433_darkbrahma.jpg

Light Brahma
23433_pepperica.jpg

23433_brahma_picture.jpg

Buff Brahma (culled from 13-4 hens, so this is one of the better)
23433_buffbrahma.jpg

Red Pyle Old English Game
23433_pickyle.jpg

Silver Duckwing Old English Game
23433_weasley2.jpg

Silver Laced Old English Game Bantam
23433_chickens_399.jpg

Edit: I didn't vaccinate as well, and all went just fine. However, with my order from McMurry I did and it didn't go well. They sent me two boxes of chicks as they wouldn't tape up the holes in their paperthin box. I (ordered 25 brown egg layers) and they kept dieing within the first three days, in the end I only got 20 hens, and then lost more to wierd things like siezers as they aged.

Last edited:
go to my byc page & click on delawares.....those pullets are from Texas Poultry who I believe gets their stock from Ideal.....theyre awesome for hatchery....though I did start with 26 & culled down to the best 7

Here are a few pics of my Ideal girls. I ordered a total of 12, received 9 pps (which were all roos). Out of the 12, 1 became sick & had to be culled (unknown reason) and one turned out to be a roo. I did not have Mareks vac on the girls, but after reading things on here, next batch I will have the vac. I have been super happy, the only disappointment were the EEs, neither of them give me colored eggs
hmm.png

CIMG2698.jpg
a few GSLs

CIMG2697.jpg
a SLW

CIMG2700.jpg
a few EEs

CIMG2696.jpg
a BR (my fave breed, they are so sweet and lay great eggs)

I'm ordering additional chicks this Spring and they will be from Ideal as well
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom