Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

In the third photo down on your posting you have a blue and white speckled hen? It is walking up a wooden ladder. What breed bantam is that? I just got bantams and I am in love with this one tiny one that flies out of the cage and wants to sit on my hand. I would like more but I don't know what she is :( She came out of a straight run of Bantams from Ideal at our local feed store. If the bird in your photo came from Ideal this might help me get a step closer. Here is a photo of the bird I am wondering about. This is in response to post #833. If anyone else has a clue what this tiny sweet heart is from Ideal I would LOVE to know!

Last edited:
Ordered these from Ideal Poultry.
BUFF SILKIES
This is what was sent. ALL ALIVE. Including the extras, that kind of look like Barred Rocks. Haven't really looked at foot coloration yet.
Overall I am very pleased. Some Buff Silkies do look dirty in color, like the obvious one that looks more buff brahma, but if course it isn't. Some silkies do appear bearded, but majority are non. Half have the poof, think that's the crest, that's is pronounced. Others are flat, but really beautiful in color. They'll start to take shape in the coming weeks, so I'll take more pics in the coming weeks.

My assorted Silkies from Ideal hatched 7/22. They were on special for only $1.05 each. Ideal has some good specials for this coming week also.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of my chicks and poults from ideal. They are 14 weeks old now. My turkeys are bb whites and weigh between 18-24 pounds right now. My pullets include bb red malays, white jersey giants, white rocks, dark cornish, and black/gold sex links. My 2 cockerels are a dark Cornish and a black australorp. I also have some red silkies from them.

I forgot about my younger birds from Ideal. These chicks are almost 7 weeks old and there are 12 dark brahmas, 7 partridge cochins, and 5 bb red malays. All of which are straight run.

I have updates on my chicks. Will post MORE pics later!!!

Some buff silkies are coming along beautifully. Others, however, I can clearly see the poor quality ones. 5 out of 8 of my chicks do not have the right number of toes. 1 has 4 toes on both feet, others; either a toe that never grew, or the short toe is in the wrong place. Another has coloration problems in the skin tone. Not blue but tan. The rest look great.
They are getting their feathers in, so I can see their poofiness. Color is peppered, but a nice orange color is coming through on all of them. There was even a dark, silver looking silkie out of the bunch and the colors are really coming out.

I will be getting these from Ideal Poultry in the Spring (all pullets):

-2 California Whites
-2 Production Blacks
-2 Danish Brown Leghorns
-19 Assorted Rare Leghorns

Does anyone have pictures or experience with these breeds from Ideal Poultry? I ordered Cali Whites previously, but was sent Ideal 236 instead. They were good birds, friendly, and laid huge white eggs nearly every day, but I want to try the actual California Whites this time (which you can request).

Thanks!

I will be posting pics when they arrive.
wink.png

In the third photo down on your posting you have a blue and white speckled hen? It is walking up a wooden ladder. What breed bantam is that? I just got bantams and I am in love with this one tiny one that flies out of the cage and wants to sit on my hand. I would like more but I don't know what she is :( She came out of a straight run of Bantams from Ideal at our local feed store. If the bird in your photo came from Ideal this might help me get a step closer. Here is a photo of the bird I am wondering about. This is in response to post #833. If anyone else has a clue what this tiny sweet heart is from Ideal I would LOVE to know!

Mommytoo3, have you found out what breed that little chick is? Do you have any growing-up pics?

Back
Top Bottom