Post Pics of your Leghorns

I think I ended up with an Exchequer Leghorn and, having never had leghorns, I thought the large comb and long tail feathers meant I had a cockerel. However, I've been googling pics and think this may be a hen after all!! Can anyone more familiar with Leghorns positively sex him/her for me? Age is approx 23-24 weeks. I will be so stoked if this is a hen!

I think I ended up with an Exchequer Leghorn and, having never had leghorns, I thought the large comb and long tail feathers meant I had a cockerel. However, I've been googling pics and think this may be a hen after all!! Can anyone more familiar with Leghorns positively sex him/her for me? Age is approx 23-24 weeks. I will be so stoked if this is a hen!
23 weeks....clearly a female. :D No saddle feathers, or hackle feathers. Very pretty girl, also look at her very feminine face.

Last edited:
T
h
This is my flighty MRS. PATMORE (which is a perfect name for her as it turned out) she squawks & warns of all apparent dangers. She's about 18 weeks old

Th
This is my flighty MRS. PATMORE (which is a perfect name for her as it turned out) she squawks & warns of all apparent dangers. She's about 18 weeks old
My White Leghorns are more flighty than my Brown Leghorns. My Whites always find a way out and back into their pens and coops. The Browns haven't yet.

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
My White Leghorns are like roadrunners. They zoom around. I have had some hawks hanging around, we feed a lot of birds. I saw a Red-Tailed, Sharp-shinned and Coopers hawks. The Red-Tailed prefers rodents. Recently we noticed we haven't seen the Fox Squirrels around and they are at their feeder every day. Guess the Red-Tailed ate most of the squirrels. The Sharp-shinned and Coopers hawks are bird predators. So far I haven't lost a bird to a hawk in a very long time. I have never lost a Leghorn to a hawk. Have lost a couple of Rhode Island White's but that's been a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom