Post Pics of your.....

new2chickens2011

Songster
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Trying to quickly build a small, easy, cheap coop for a few bantams. Post pics of your ideas!!!! Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a basic little coop.
Thanks in advance!

107490_new_arrival.jpg

Mines apparently a 4-6 chicken coop. I'm putting two in now and i'll get two more down the track when these girls tapper off with the laying. Whilst id love 100 chickens i've only got a small backyard so this is fitting.

Is it a good coop? *shrugs* Not sure. I don't have any eggs yet but its only day 5 and its safe as houses as far as foxes go so thats the main thing at this point in time. The front swings completely open so i can let the girls free range during the day and the back has a little door so i can get the eggs from the nest. It also has chicken wire covering the bottom. It has wheels but i'm not moving it anywhere in the near future. So i've put down sand. I can then flip it up on its side and clean out the sand and brush down the wire.

Good Luck Panthus! Hope you get to keep your lovely ladies. I too am new to chickens, since August 9th. I have two Black Marans and one Isa Brown, that is actually for my neighbors grandson for all intent and purposes. I have an eglu go and just love it. Welcome to the forum!

..and good luck to you too Peachachecha. Its so enjoyable isn't it! I'm pretty certain these girls are now a permanent fixture.

I'll keep an eye out for your posts to see how you're getting on.

Time to get out of bed and get the girls breakfast! Enjoy your day/night.

Back
Top Bottom