post your chicken coop pictures here!

This coop started out from an old storage building. We have added on about 3 times and ran 120 volt power for lights and such. We have 3 different breeds of chickens, BCM,Buff Orps,Cinnamon Reds. We have 9 different compartments with 4 night cool weather lockups inside a secure pen. I'm sure we will be adding on at least one more time. The hens love the turnip greens from our nearby garden. We have only been into chickens since June of 2013, love it!:)

This coop started out from an old storage building. We have added on about 3 times and ran 120 volt power for lights and such. We have 3 different breeds of chickens, BCM,Buff Orps,Cinnamon Reds. We have 9 different compartments with 4 night cool weather lockups inside a secure pen. I'm sure we will be adding on at least one more time. The hens love the turnip greens from our nearby garden. We have only been into chickens since June of 2013, love it!:)

I like it :)

Howdy Neighbor! I'm in Greeneville too, and I just love your set up! I ordered my coop Saturday and I believe I got the same kind you have. I don't plan on getting chickens until spring. I wanted to raise them from baby chicks so they become familiar with me. Plus giving me time over the winter to get the coop and fence together, not to mention me time to educate myself a little more about chickens. I've had cockatiels and finch's but never any big birds, I'm just learning.....

Did you build the fence yourself? My biggest fear is having predators trying to get to my chickens. Have you had any problems with any critters digging? Wow! Just love your fence! Nice Job!

We hired a couple different local carpenters to modify our storage building and build the chicken run. It's hard to find anyone who will follow your desires when they do work for you nowdays. They seem definiant to do itt their way and blow what you want off. I have not had any problems with anything digging under the pen yet. I pllan to hire someone to dig a 6x6 inch trench around the building and chicken run and fill the trench with quickcrete eventually. I believe this would detour any would be chicken killer! Most of the time intruders will strike at night so it you get your birds secured in a good nightbox every night, it won't matter if a coon, possum, mink or anything diggs under the chicken run. They will be able to look and that's about it. I have a good game camera set up and review the pictures every few days so if any intruder is running a recon mission I can see him and stop his plan before he pulls it off hopefully. I hope this answers your questions!:)

Beautiful, both of them. Fortunate chcikens!!!!!! Probabaly the best looking ones I have seen. I thought I had a good setup but these far surpass ours!:)

Back
Top Bottom